Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
isellglasses
Women who say God open and close the womb...
January 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Just curious about it. I am religious but I take birth control.
To those who live by that, how many kids do you have? And how long have you been married?
I'm not trying to sound doubtful, I'm just curious about it.

If you're not religious and have nothing nice to say, please don't waste your time here.

Replies

• kspear0120
    January 29, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I very much believe that and believe if we are living according to His will then we will be ok with whatever He has planned for us. I am newly pregnant with #4 and we have been married for almost 6 years. It took almost two years of trying before we had our first. Then we had 3 in a row. I got scared and started taking birth control because I was worried about health problems from having closely spaced children. After some prayer and reflection though I decided that if we trust God with every other aspect of our lives then why not with our fertility. So we are no longer using bc. I do however believe that it is an indivudal family's choice and it should be something that your spouse agrees with you on. In our situation, the only reason I was preventing was our ideal timing/spacing of children. Other families might have health issues or family crisis.. i think those are different stories. But I certainly dont think that using bc makes you a bad person!

• isellglasses
    January 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM
    Thank you for responding!
    I go to church regularly (that includes Wednesday and Sunday night) and God helps me through everything! I got saved after I had my son, I got pregnant when I was 16...
    I still son of course like everyone else, but I try not to. I want another baby so badly, but I can NOT afford it! My husband just got a full time position at his job (which is very stable) so when our lease is up we want to buy a house. After we get a house I want to get pregnant. I really wanna get pregnant now but I know that's not a good idea at all!
    Anyways!!! I have been curious about this whole deal and I'd like to do it after my next baby. But I'm scared if I mess up and do something I shouldn't then what if God decides I'm not loyal as I should be, does that make sense? I try not to sin, and I've changed my life tremendously, but still occasionally it happens, more than it should, but not exactly an every day type of thing... Ya know? I also really DO like to be on the pill, I very rarely forget to take it, and I always am on track with my period which is also much lighter since I've been on it. BUT, my body has gotten used to the pill, so much that when I'm on my period and don't have whatever is in it, I get super grouchy and emotional, more than just the regular "pms" ..it's really bad, and I don't like feeling like that, at all.
    I think it's soo so awesome that you do this.

Quoting kspear0120:

I very much believe that and believe if we are living according to His will then we will be ok with whatever He has planned for us. I am newly pregnant with #4 and we have been married for almost 6 years. It took almost two years of trying before we had our first. Then we had 3 in a row. I got scared and started taking birth control because I was worried about health problems from having closely spaced children. After some prayer and reflection though I decided that if we trust God with every other aspect of our lives then why not with our fertility. So we are no longer using bc. I do however believe that it is an indivudal family's choice and it should be something that your spouse agrees with you on. In our situation, the only reason I was preventing was our ideal timing/spacing of children. Other families might have health issues or family crisis.. i think those are different stories. But I certainly dont think that using bc makes you a bad person!

• kspear0120
    January 29, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I am no one special... just trust God. I think that if people wait till they can afford children then they will never have children lol. I read a blog recenlty that spoke on the subject of fertility and trusting God in that area and she just made tons of sense. I truly think that if we are serving Him to the best of our ability (no one is without sin even after salvation, but if you read your Bible you know how a Christian should live) then He will provide in the ways that we need including making a way to provide for our children. (BTW I do not think people who cannot feed their current children should be having more!) But for the record we will always mess up, but should continually be seeking His guidance and will. Pray about it, seek counsel from your pastor maybe, and do what you feel the Lord leads you to do and of course talk to your husband. For us, waiting till we had the house we wanted or whatnot was not a valid reason to wait, we felt we just needed to trust Him. But that was not an easy decision for us.. it was after much prayer..

As far as the bc it sounds like you might should wean yourself off of it anyway IMO.. since your body acts so differently when off of it. Maybe its a hormonal imbalance or something causing the reactions? But personally I am just not a fan of things that mess with my body and make it do things different than how God made it.. Again just my opinion.. each person has to make their own decisions. We take meds and such when needed but we try not to interfere with the normal functons of the body. When i did bc i decided against the pill bc of how it messes with your hormones and just did condoms or pull out.

• GwenGray
    January 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I have two and I don't take BC personal prefference, not religious though I do belive in God and Jesus. 

• TattoodMommy19
    January 29, 2013 at 9:07 PM
    I don't agree, so BUMP!

:)
  • tennisgal
    January 29, 2013 at 9:10 PM

we are catholic.

we have four children, had three miscarriages. pray to have more children 

we have been married 8yrs.

both of our families are huge..so it's just what we're used to. my mom was 1 of 13 and my MIL was 1 of 11...same story for the dad's. so we're used to big catholic families, lol. 

• tattdmom2prncss
    January 29, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I'm not super religious, I do have a very close relationship with God/Jesus and I can say that in my struggle with infertility I have heard this comment from many women; that they pray for God to open my womb. Personally, idk how this happens and idk how I feel about it since it hits such a sensitive part of my life, but Ican say that I know it was in the bible when God opned Sara's womb. I just dont know how I feel about it due to my situation.

• thefiregoddess
    January 29, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I don't agree at all and personally I think ya'll are a bit on the nutty side, but heres a bump so you can find the answers you seek!

• Nunyabusiness
    January 29, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I'm religious and we use born control. We actually had been praying about having more than two, we weren't sure if we would feel fulfilled. Well, due to a human error (mine lol) our questions were answered and I had our third baby in September. I think it's up to the family what they do. I believe if God wants you to have another child you will regardless of birth control. :)

• isellglasses
    January 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM
    That's fine if ya don't, thanks for not being a jerk about it lol, seriously.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

I don't agree, so BUMP!

:)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts