Mom Confessions

Anonymous
How do you feel about this statement?
by Anonymous
January 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Any and all opinions welcome. Please don't just say its stupid or that you agree. I'd like to know why you feel the way you do.

Replies

• LaughingTattoo
    January 29, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Im pro-choice but yes I agree....its messed up

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    So you think a man should be able to Choose whether to support his born child or not?

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    Ridiculous.

The man knows what can happen and still chooses to have sex.

Also, many deadbeat dads start out as dads or wanting the kids.
  • Litlmama87
    January 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM
    Unfortunately the man always gets called out of his name for expressing his desire not to parent, upon first finding out about pregnancy.

He's not a DBD unless he proves himself as one, if/when the child arrives.

• LaughingTattoo
    January 29, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Yup. Obviously he shouldnt able to just up and decide this any given day. But if a woman can decide to carry/not carry a child, a man should have a comparable choice.

I also believe that if a man doesnt want his unborn child aborted, he should be able to stop it from happening.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you think a man should be able to Choose whether to support his born child or not?

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

• banana-bear
    January 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    A man knows and a woman doesn't? Bullshit. Rape, incest and safety of the mother account for less than 10% of abortions. What is the excuse for the other 90%?

Quoting Anonymous:

Ridiculous.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 29, 2013 at 6:08 PM
    Quoting banana-bear:

Where did you get these numbers? Do you really think that in the cases of insest and rapes women will always tell the truth? and what about 12 year olds getting pregnant? Women that are trying to escape from abusive spouses? And so on?
  • Jynnifer292
    January 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM

It sucks for the guy but the fact is that they are not carrying the baby so they lose out on being able to make that choice. Once the baby is here, they both need to care for it or give it up for adoption. He can't just say he doesn't want it and wash his hands of it. It really isn't fair to the men, but it would be far more unfair to kids because many fathers might make that choice. I plan on teaching my boys that any time they have sex, they are risking getting her pregnant and he is either blessed or screwed......or both, for the next 18 years.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Well that would he pro choice, still making the statemwnt ridiculous.

Quoting banana-bear:

A man knows and a woman doesn't? Bullshit. Rape, incest and safety of the mother account for less than 10% of abortions. What is the excuse for the other 90%?

Quoting Anonymous:

Ridiculous.

• banana-bear
    The CDC, I believe. I'm really not sure, but I read it about a year ago. You can look it up....it is updated often.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting banana-bear:

Where did you get these numbers? Do you really think that in the cases of insest and rapes women will always tell the truth? and what about 12 year olds getting pregnant? Women that are trying to escape from abusive spouses? And so on?

Mom Confessions