Anonymous
Are You a Strict Parent?
by Anonymous
January 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM

??? do you think you are?

Replies

• curlycupcake
    January 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    I'm very strict. We have lots of fun & are a very loving family. But I don't suffer sassy, disrespectful behavior. The rules and expectations are fair, age appropriate, and stringently enforced. I always get compliments on my kids behavior. I think 90% of it is just them. I just let them be their wonderful selves & guide them into good decisions. We aren't born knowing these things, somebody has to teach us. And I believe that having these boundaries & consequences helps them feel safe & loved. If I just let them run wild I believe they would not feel like anyone was in charge & that's scary for a kid. They can always count on me to hug away their tears, tickle away their grumpies, and enact consequences for inappropriate behavior.
  • lnrmom
    by lnrmom
    January 29, 2013 at 3:08 PM

My girls are home bodies. I'd let them go to a party if they wanted to go, but they never want to go. *shrug*

Quoting mommybug77:

Quoting lnrmom:

My kids think I'm a lot stricter than I actually am.

here too difference is we don't let them run the streets like a lot of their classmates and such.

• NoahandEliza
    January 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    I'm strict and free range at the same time. I have a butt load of rules, but I allow them to do a lot of stuff other moms don't.
  • kthomasson
    January 29, 2013 at 3:19 PM

exactly.......I want my kids to learn the value of working for what they want, knowing that there are rules to be followed- consquences if they aren't and that hard work pays off!

Quoting AHmom103:

Kind of. I'd rather be strict and raise kids who will follow the rules, work hard, and succeed, than be too lax and end up with kids who will obey no one, expect everything to be handed to them, and end up on welfare because they refuse to work.

• alexsmomaubrys2
    January 29, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Quoting purpleducky:

Yes and no. I have some rules that cannot be broken but otherwise I am pretty flexible.

• RunningMommaof2
    January 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM

When it comes to my kids behavior, yes. I'm not a parent that puts up with B.S. But when it comes to other things.... not really. 

• artistmom27
    January 29, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I am when I have to be, but most of the time I am the fun and loving mom. I believe there should always be a balance between the two, for the best of the children.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 29, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Strict in the sense that I put up with zero bad behavior. Throw a tantrum and your ass is grass, I'm just not having it. With that said, the kids know this and give me very little grief. They've never acted up in public, home life is good, it's really nice actually. 

• Lovemybabyboy09
    January 29, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    I'm pretty strict I think.
  • GLO682
    by GLO682
    January 29, 2013 at 3:24 PM

yes.

Mom Confessions