Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Mamasomedaysoon
NOW I understand why everyone f***ng hates walmart **language** EDIT
January 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM

My mom worked for them for close to 15 years, had a management position for fucks sake. She was supposed to be off work today, they called her in fired her. For what? Theft of course. Well, that's what they are saying anyway, but I know that's complete and utter bull shit. 

They have been firiing long term employees left and right who are making a high pay - higher than their supervisors and cutting them for made up reasons. One lady, was on leave of absense, came back and needed a new area of work PER HER DOCTORS ORDERS and they fired HER because they wouldn't find her a new position.

There was a woman, who at one point was my moms boss. She got diagnosed with cancer, lost a leg SHE needed a new area to work and they fired her too. How fucking low is that? And they wouldn't even let her keep her discount card she worked there for probably 15 years she had CANCER she couldn't help the circumstances. 

I am so PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW. And heart broken for my mom :'(

Edit: Okay, she managed the bakery, they went up there and found advil and TUMS with no receipt. That was their grounds for firing her. Yes, it was against their policy whatever. But, to me anyway, a bottle of advil is not enough to fire someone over, someone we ho pulled thwir department up from literally the nothing it was and kept it up and made more than any other department in the store. She did nothing but help those people management was always commenting about how good the department was doing and how good it looked. How great of a team my mom had ETC ETC ETC!!!

I stand by my statement of wal mart looking for ANY reason to fire high played employees no matter how big or small the " reason for termination" might be.

Replies

• happinessforyou
    January 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Walmart just plain sucks.... sorry to all their employees.

:(

• Mamasomedaysoon
    January 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I know.
  • supercarp

Yup, that's the Walmart way. I never shop there because of how they treat their employees; I don't care if they start selling crap for 1 penny.

• purpleducky

My wife was fired for supposedly lowering prices on stuff when she wasn't supposed to. But she was trained the same way I was, if a customer told you the price was lower on the shelf then you had to lower it. However, she rarely did it. Her grandmother was fired for stealing and eating a piece of candy.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

What did they "steal"? most of the time i hear they get busted for stealing they actually did it but not like hide in coat steal more like stealing hours and stuff

Quoting purpleducky:

Does she happen to live in NM? I know they have a few class-action lawsuits going against Wal-Mart. I feel your pain though, they fired my wife and her grandmother too for "stealing".

• WheelerWife
    January 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Sounds like it might be time to find a lawyer. That's BS!!! 

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    January 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    Walmart is constantly getting sued for wrongful termination. I remember a while back, like 5 or 6 years ago, someone got terminated for mentioning the word "union". He sued and got a very good amount. I've also heard of them getting sued for firing people because they were due to receive benefits. Walmart has been known for some shady things.
  • Lizard_Lina
    January 29, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    My friend was a manager for wal mart. She was unloading a pallet and some kids ran past and knocked into her, she tripped over the pallet and broke her ankle. They tried to fire her for not being able to do shipment until her ankle healed. 2 years later theyre still fighting.
  • cupomeow
    January 29, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I try to avoid Wal-mart because of the way they treat their employees. This just makes me mad.

• emilysmom8
    January 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Quoting Mamasomedaysoon:

Quoting mommyof2soon29:

I spy a lot of lawsuits in this post...can you clarify the theft a little more, I dont see an employer making up a complete bs story just to fire someone...

Sure, this might be the best part. She managed the bakery, they went up there and found TUMS and advil. They didn't have receipts with them and apparently my mom didn't hold onto them in her purse or something. Yeah, okay that was a mistake on her part but bit was fuvking advil.

I wouldn't see an employer doing this either but the fact they've done this to multiple long term employees who ALL had a higher pay than even their supervisors. Pretty shady to me.

When I worked in retail we were told ANYTHING we purchased had to have a recipt with it. I use to keep a supply of tylenol, midol and pads in the drawer at the service desk and each one had it's recipt taped to it. It was common knowledge that if you could not produce a recipt the store will ASSUME you stole it and you would be fired. Yeah its just a bottle of advil BUT if they bend the rules for your mom they have to bend the rules for everyone. 

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    Sadly no after that his docs said he is permently disabled now he cant go anywhere with out a cane he is only 42 and he could not get any help from walmart for anything. It is taking toll. But he is trying to get in to therapy because he is not use to not being able to work.

Quoting Mamasomedaysoon:

Quoting Anonymous:

Hun i know how you feel df worked for them fir five years. He gets sick and has to have a lymph node the size of an orange removed from his groin. After that his leg swelled up so bad he could not work and had to be put in maintence. Well he took three weeks off with out pay and recouperated from the surgery. He tried to go back for a week but at a check up his doc said he wanted him off if it to help the swelling. He put in his next set of.loa papers and the bitches in personel lost them nd never told him. He got fired for no call no show and he was suppose to be on med leave. He could not even get unemployment because of this shit):/ i hate those ass hats...

Geez that's pretty bad,too. I hope he's better, and found something better!

I know someone who got a hernia from throwing freight on overnights and he's about to file for workman's comp. we'll see what BS they try to pull with that one..

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts