Mom Confessions

BlessedBeX3
why is "boy and girl siblings" sharing a room "illegal"?
January 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Can anyone tell me, bc in the post about the woman's children who are sharing a room and they are boy and girl, i saw some women saying its illegal and "wrong".

They are siblings..whats the difference?

Replies

• Roxygurl
    January 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    I think someone pointed out it isn't illegal but that there are a lot of misinformed women out there
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    It's not illegal. Never has been and never will be.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM

It's not illegal.  It's absolutely hated by the girl though.  My daughter shared a room with her brother until she turned 8 when girls get flaky about privacy.

• LovelyMommy24
    January 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I'm pretty sure it's not, just a preference for some. 

• LadyBugMom09
    January 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    It's not illegal. I didn't find any case laws actually criminalizing opposite gender full blooded siblings sharing a room.

What the law does allow is private landlords and federally funded housing to make their own room sharing guidelines.

A homeowner can put their full blooded kids however they want.
  • mommyrustina
    January 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM

It is illegal because apparently some people hallucinate and see laws to support their weird opinions.

• RunningMommaof2
    January 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    It's not. I shared a room with my little brother for quite awhile and *gasp* we are all ok. LOL
  • sheramom4

It's not illegal. Some states have laws that pertain to foster children and some public housing complexes have rules and policies on it, but it is never illegal for siblings to share a room in normal circumstances.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Definitely not illegal, but I would never let different gendered children share a room. Just me, though, not saying others should do the same.
  • Mocking.Jay
    They're just too lazy to read. Making blanket statements is MUCH more easier!

Mom Confessions