Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
We haven't even gotten our income tax return and my in laws are already trying to get some
by Anonymous
January 28, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Everytime me and DH come into any money, my inlaws start asking for it. We have 3 kids and we are getting about $9500 back. We haven't talked to them about it or anything but they know that we will get quite a bit back and so MIL has been prying about when we will file and exactly how much we will get back. We have filed and do know the amount but we keep everything vague. She has started dropping hints about how they need financial help. Last year, we gave them $500, this year, I told my DH we are not giving him a single dime, this is for our family not for them. They try to make him feel guilty when he doesn't help them. Their problem is that they didn't plan for the future, they assumed they would be living with one of their children (SIL is still a 2and year resident, BIL is military and moves around too much for them and they are not going to move in with us). Does anyone else have mooching in laws like this? 

Replies

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    January 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM
    Do you live with her?
  • LoveMyLos
    January 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM

OMG! REEEAALLLYYY?????

if my dh was a pansy and couldn't tell his parents no to giving them money that we need, then i would put it in my account. oh well. never said he couldn't have any of it. i just wouldnt give my dh free rain with it. 

Quoting jas_momof2:

You realize that it's THEIR money, not just hers, right?

Quoting LoveMyLos:

if your dh is that much of a push over, i would take the money out and put it in your own account with only your name on it. then you take over paying bills and whatever else youre doing with it. 

• jas_momof2
    January 28, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Good luck with that...

Quoting LoveMyLos:

OMG! REEEAALLLYYY?????

if my dh was a pansy and couldn't tell his parents no to giving them money that we need, then i would put it in my account. oh well. never said he couldn't have any of it. i just wouldnt give my dh free rain with it. 

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting LoveMyLos:

if your dh is that much of a push over, i would take the money out and put it in your own account with only your name on it. then you take over paying bills and whatever else youre doing with it. 

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    January 28, 2013 at 11:38 PM
    Fil is such a moocher! He is calling daily asking for $20 if he can't get that then he lowers it trying to get anything he can. Gotta love drug addicts!
  • Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    January 28, 2013 at 11:44 PM

yup! My SIl always start whining about how she needs money for this and that, how her shit is going to get turned off becayuse she didn't have enough to pay the bill, ECT. around this time of year. She is on disability and her DH gets SS (he is 12 years older than her and is 72)

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 28, 2013 at 11:45 PM

But if it's our money, that means that it shouldn't be spent or given unless we both agree. However, I know he would not go behind my back to give it

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting LoveMyLos:

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 28, 2013 at 11:47 PM

My inlaws? No. If they had their way, they would move in and live off of us for the rest of their lives lol but no we don't live with them or them with us

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you live with her?

• jas_momof2
    January 28, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Exactly my point.  This is where you need to communicate with him and be on the same page. 

Quoting Anonymous:

But if it's our money, that means that it shouldn't be spent or given unless we both agree. However, I know he would not go behind my back to give it

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting LoveMyLos:

• Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    January 28, 2013 at 11:48 PM
    I don't mind helping out financially here and there but if someone has to be guilted or manipulated to get it then no way....
  • Anonymous 9
    by Anonymous 9
    January 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM

If anyone started prying into my tax status I would look them dead in the eye and say "That is none of your business.  Please don't ask that again.".

Why would you even entertain their questions?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN