Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
danie24
My son and daughter sharing a room... help? ...EDIT... EDIT 2
by danie24
January 28, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Anyone have a boy and girl sharing a room?

We plan on buying or building a new house closer to home within the next 6-12 months. When that time comes, all 3 kids will have their own rooms again.

In the meantime, I am going to take over one of their bedrooms and turn it into a work out room. Our gym equipment is currently spread put throughout the house (bench, weights, elliptical, etc.).

One thing is for sure: we are getting them bunk beds! Our daughter is 7 and our son is 5. They are attached at the hip and get along fabulously. So this will be a welcomed transition.

My problem.. I want to make the bedroom comfortable and fun. I want them BOTH to love it and feel like it's "their room". What are some things I can to do make it boyish and girly?

Looking for some cute ideas for storage, personal space, etc.

Just to answer a few questions:

I live in Canada. We don`t have CPS. We have CAS and it`s not illegal for boys and girls to share a bedroom.

Also, our kids aren`t being forced to share a room. They WANT to. They have been bugging us for bunk beds for ages. So, putting them together in a room is only spoiling them. LOL

And HERE is what I think we might build (or buy)! We are thinking it would be better to build something we can take with us.

Replies

• danie24
    by danie24
    January 28, 2013 at 7:39 PM

bump

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Selfish,  when gym equipment is more important than kids having their own space!

• Newmom8912
    January 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    not a good idea
  • CRAZZYB23
    January 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    isnt that against the law... i forgot what age that its not allowed.
  • flowerfunleah
    January 28, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Great inspiration board a gender neutral room with 2 beds

• wkukid
    by wkukid

Good lord you are going to get eat alive for this.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

agreed

Quoting Anonymous:

Selfish,  when gym equipment is more important than kids having their own space!

• lizzyluvsmoe

um, I don't see what the fuss is about....it's temporary.  No creative ideas for you, but good luck.

• flowerfunleah
    January 28, 2013 at 7:44 PM

thinking about having the kiddos share a room to sleep in and making the other room a play room... this would be too perfect!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Really, you need a whole room for gym equipment but you are making your children share a room? PARENT FAIL.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts