Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
danie24
My son and daughter sharing a room... help? ...EDIT... EDIT 2
by danie24
January 28, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Anyone have a boy and girl sharing a room?

We plan on buying or building a new house closer to home within the next 6-12 months. When that time comes, all 3 kids will have their own rooms again.

In the meantime, I am going to take over one of their bedrooms and turn it into a work out room. Our gym equipment is currently spread put throughout the house (bench, weights, elliptical, etc.).

One thing is for sure: we are getting them bunk beds! Our daughter is 7 and our son is 5. They are attached at the hip and get along fabulously. So this will be a welcomed transition.

My problem.. I want to make the bedroom comfortable and fun. I want them BOTH to love it and feel like it's "their room". What are some things I can to do make it boyish and girly?

Looking for some cute ideas for storage, personal space, etc.

Just to answer a few questions:

I live in Canada. We don`t have CPS. We have CAS and it`s not illegal for boys and girls to share a bedroom.

Also, our kids aren`t being forced to share a room. They WANT to. They have been bugging us for bunk beds for ages. So, putting them together in a room is only spoiling them. LOL

And HERE is what I think we might build (or buy)! We are thinking it would be better to build something we can take with us.

Replies

• danie24
    by danie24
    January 28, 2013 at 7:39 PM

bump

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    January 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Selfish,  when gym equipment is more important than kids having their own space!

• Newmom8912
    January 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    not a good idea
  • CRAZZYB23
    January 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    isnt that against the law... i forgot what age that its not allowed.
  • flowerfunleah
    January 28, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Great inspiration board a gender neutral room with 2 beds

• wkukid
    by wkukid

Good lord you are going to get eat alive for this.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2

agreed

Quoting Anonymous:

Selfish,  when gym equipment is more important than kids having their own space!

• lizzyluvsmoe

um, I don't see what the fuss is about....it's temporary.  No creative ideas for you, but good luck.

• flowerfunleah
    January 28, 2013 at 7:44 PM

thinking about having the kiddos share a room to sleep in and making the other room a play room... this would be too perfect!

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 28, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Really, you need a whole room for gym equipment but you are making your children share a room? PARENT FAIL.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN