Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
For those of you who are unhappily married.......why do you stay??
by Anonymous
January 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM

This question is for anyone who is UNhappily married!! What is the reason(s) why you stay?? Select more than one answer if it will allow you.
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 12% - a) for money/financial security
  2. 11% - b) for the kids - don't want to break up the home
  3. 1% - c) because you are afraid to be alone
  4. 11% - d) you still kinda love him and hope that things will change for the better
  5. 4% - e) because of your religious beliefs (don't believe in divorce)
  6. 0% - f) you have serious health issues
  7. 58% - g) several of the above

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM

all but e & f. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 5:48 PM
    my child and 4 stepkids.
  • mommy2lexinmark
    I couldn't leave of I wanted to
    None of these reasons
    But I don't want to
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I left him but we might get back together for the reasons above.  Its very confusing and scarey to go through this.  I don't want to be back with him, but I do love him and maybe he will change.  Plus it is so nice to not have to worry so much about how I'm going to pay the rent and buy food.  

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM
    Money, the kids, I miss us maybe we can fix it but at the momment I don't want to.
  • gblossom
    January 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM

interestingggggggggggg

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I have been with my hubby for 24 years.  We got married super young and had kids right away!  I loved him, but had my doubts back then if the was the right one for me.  I honestly tried to make it work.  But things have really gone downhill over the past 10 years and I'm not so sure if we will last forever.  I mainly stayed for the sake of our kids, money, and because I have had some mental health issues (anxiety, depression) that have been pretty bad at times!!  I still love him somewhat, but my feelings aren't as strong because he hasn't been treating me right for the past couple of years.  Now that our kids are grown, I am really considering parting ways once I get myself established with work, so that I can stand on my own two feet.  What are your reasons?

• LovelyMommy24
    January 28, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I'm not but bump for answers, I'm very curious to see the results and can understand all of them. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I stayed because, mistakenly I believed child from 2 parent homes fared better.

Then I realized the fighting was doing more damage than than the possible good of staying together.

Truth be told, EX-, I and the kids are much happier since the divorce.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 5:54 PM
    a,b & d.

If and when I am able to financially, I'll overcome the other two. My kids are starting to realize that somethings not right & that breaks my heart. We're all much happier when he's not here.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts