Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
My husband has decided this is cheating...ETA *edited again!*
by Anonymous
January 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM
I'm playing a lead in a community theater production (Sophie in 'Mamma Mia'). Things have been going really well, and I've been having a lot of fun.

On Sunday we had a dress rehearsal, and our families were invited to watch. After the show my husband seemed out of sorts, so I asked him what was wrong. Turns out he's all pissy because I have to kiss a guy a couple times as part of the show. Really? He says he didn't know I would be kissing anyone, or he wouldn't have been ok with me being in the show in the first place. He also says he doesn't want our friends and family to come, cuz he's embarrassed for them to watch me 'cheat' on him.

I think he's blowing this way way way way out of proportion. What do you ladies think?

ETA: I didn't bother to bring it up to him because I assumed he would realize it himself, having seen the live show and the movie before.

Edit #2: okay, so we talked. He said that he sees now that he overreacted, and I said I understand why he felt the way he did, and I would make sure to discuss these things with him next time. He understands now that it means nothing. Part of the reason I was so upset was it seemed like he couldn't trust me to be faithful over one stupid kiss, but now we both know how the other feels. Thank you everyone for (mostly) being supportive and letting me vent!

Replies

• EmilysMom2010
    January 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM
    I think he's being a little oversensitive. But you should have mentioned this beforehand. Ha what a way to spring it on him. Ha
  • Unoriginal.
    January 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM
    Just a bit, but I also think you should have told him about it rather than just let him find out by seeing it.
  • Kerannmer
    January 28, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I think he needs to grow the fuck up. That is not cheating, lol, geezus.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    It never even occurred to me that he wouldn't know. We've seen the show before, and he's seen the movie...

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

I think he's being a little oversensitive. But you should have mentioned this beforehand. Ha what a way to spring it on him. Ha

• livric
    by livric

hmmm lol, not cheating,   hope he calms down!!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    I thought he would realize since we've seen the show and the movie before...

Quoting Unoriginal.:

Just a bit, but I also think you should have told him about it rather than just let him find out by seeing it.

• lunabella79
    January 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM
    This

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    I know I wouldn't be okay with it and I know sh certainly wouldn't either- ESP if the other didn't know about it.

• Junesmommy18
    That would've been something I told him waaaay before he watched it.
  • boshs1andonly
    January 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM

To call it cheating is overreacting, but I can see how it would make him uncomfortable so it's something that should have been discussed beforehand. I know it's just acting, but still, I would be uncomfortable watching dh do that with another woman.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts