Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
BraydensMama163
Cant believe im doing this....
January 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM
When I first joined cafemom I thought abortion was murder. But after seeing so many stories I've read I have come to see how ignorant that is. While I am now prochoice and I have a better more mature outlook on it, I am still saddened to of a case of abortion. I do not pass judgement, I wanna make that clear. I does still make me sad though.
That being said, I am seeing the trend in this topic today. I wanted to say something. Start a bit of a relaxed discussion (hopeful I know) and I feel like posting in the other posts my words are drowned out. So....
I wanna know when you think a fetus is a baby. I read an argument that had me thinking. Some women
believe it is a life at conception.
Some believe it is a life and a baby when it is viable to live outside the womb. Everyone has a difference of opinion and I respect each of your opinions on the matter. I am simply curious as to what you ladies believe and why you believe it.
the thought just hit me that maybe it's a life when there is a heartbeat. Maybe regardless If it can live on its own or not. It still has a heart right? Which gives life. And in persona already born, as long as there is a heartbeat there is life. I'm wondering about babies or fetuses if you prefer, that are birthed sleeping. Would you consider that a baby? If it has no heartbeat? What about people on life support? They are in need of support to continue their life, much like a fetus. I'm still pondering in it... what are your thoughts?

Replies

• FooLynRoo
    January 28, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Life at conception, abortion is murder

but those are MY opinions and I only think I should have to live by my opinions.

I a pro choice in all things that effect our body, pregnancy, birth, breast feeding and other medical treatments.

• BraydensMama163
    January 28, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    Sorry I see a few mistakes I made. I am on my phone and sometimes it spells what it wants.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    January 28, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I believe a fetus is a baby when it can survive outside the womb (so 22-24 weeks or so)

• BraydensMama163
    As always, well said Foo. Thank you for your opinion.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Life at conception, abortion is murder

but those are MY opinions and I only think I should have to live by my opinions.

I a pro choice in all things that effect our body, pregnancy, birth, breast feeding and other medical treatments.

• livric
    by livric

I think once the heart is beating,  that is life and a baby

• BraydensMama163
    January 28, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    But what about if a fetus is born sleeping? It might be 34 weeks and not have survived the pregnancy. Is it a baby (in your opinion) if something went wrong and it wasn't alive even though it was 34 weeks or so?
    That's what I'm questioning and trying to figure out.

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe a fetus is a baby when it can survive outside the womb (so 22-24 weeks or so)

• BraydensMama163
    January 28, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    I think I tend to agree more with this. I'm still deciding though. Thank you so much for your input.

Quoting livric:

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    January 28, 2013 at 4:19 PM

yes, that would be a baby to me.  even though they were still born.  I do not think abortion is murder and I am staunchly pro-choice - and for the slow ones, (not you OP but in general) pro-choice does not = pro abortion

Quoting BraydensMama163:

But what about if a fetus is born sleeping? It might be 34 weeks and not have survived the pregnancy. Is it a baby (in your opinion) if something went wrong and it wasn't alive even though it was 34 weeks or so?
    That's what I'm questioning and trying to figure out.

Quoting Anonymous:

• bowribbonmama
    January 28, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    It is a life but not a baby. Medically and legally it is an embryo/fetus until birth.
    Baby is a term of endearment. ANYTHING can be a baby.
  • livric
    by livric
    January 28, 2013 at 4:20 PM

no worries!!   :)

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I think I tend to agree more with this. I'm still deciding though. Thank you so much for your input.

Quoting livric:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts