Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
BUFFIE.the.BODY
when did you meet your DH, SO, BF ETC
January 28, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Parents? How many weeks, months or years did it take for you to meet your partners parents?

I met my inlaws in a month & every since I've loved them. My MIL is like my bff (SERIOUSLY) and my FIL treats me like his own as well. I love them to death. When I met them I was so scared & shy but they were happy to finally meet me lol! God I love them.

Let's hear your story?

Replies

• Stephd710
    January 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I met my ex husbands parents about 2 months after dating.  They liked me and we got along through our whole marriage and my MIL still treats me like family.  The guy I am dating now lost both of his parents to cancer so sadly, I wont get to meet them.  But his extended family is very close and I look forward to meeting them soon (we have been together 2 months). 

• BridgeEbb
    January 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I met my inlaws before DH and I were even dating.  

• AmberMerrell
    January 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    My dh's dad passed away before dh & I met, but I met his mom within a few weeks as she was the choir director at the church we were attending.
  • BUFFIE.the.BODY
    January 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    Sorry to hear that and that's nice that his extended family is nice :) good luck meeting your BF family soon :)

Quoting Stephd710:

I met my ex husbands parents about 2 months after dating.  They liked me and we got along through our whole marriage and my MIL still treats me like family.  The guy I am dating now lost both of his parents to cancer so sadly, I wont get to meet them.  But his extended family is very close and I look forward to meeting them soon (we have been together 2 months). 

• BUFFIE.the.BODY
    Bump
  • Snowflower901
    About 7_8 mos. we did the long distance thing for about 7 months, I was a baby though only 15! And our parents met and agreed I can move 8hrs away to live with him.. Craaaazy huh.. It's been 14 years and 3 kids lol ddnt have dd til I was 17 4 months shy of my 18th bday...
  • LexeesMama
    January 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I met BFs brothers and sisters about 2 months after we met. His parents are deceased!

• shylynn22
    I have never meet them or talked to them. Dh tells them about me, and he tells me about them, but never talked yet. I have meet his grandparents.
  • lilfishbigocean

I met my DH's mom and dad after about a month..
    I wish I had time to get to know my FIL better, because he died about 3 months later.

• wkukid
    by wkukid

I met my inlaws about 4 months into dating, she met my mom about a month into it.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN