Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do you have a weird last name?
by Anonymous
January 28, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Feel free to go anon for this, if you don't want your last name out there.

I have a weird last name. I wish I didn't, because I ALWAYS have to spell it for people. And since it has letters that sound like other letters, like D and T and M I have to say "D, as in dog, T as in Turtle, M as in Mary". And people STILL butcher it! I hate it. I wish I could be a Smith or a Johnson...something that I wouldn't constantly have to spell out.

My last name? Ditmars. I'm willing to bet that not a single one of you share my last name. :) And there is not another person in this world that has the same first name/last name combination as me. At least not that I've found. So I guess that's at least one good thing - it's unique!

OMG!!! This is a featured post?!?! I've never had one of those - how cool!

Replies

• Anonymous 421
    by Anonymous 421
    February 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Waddle...lmao before that it was Goad...

BUt my maiden name was Alexander ( not so bad)

• ttsmommy2008
    February 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM
    My maiden name is "Schwebke", it's pronounced: 'shh-web-kee'.
    No one EVER pronounced it correctly (especially on the first try).

Going to be "Weiss" soon, pronounced with a long 'I', not a long 'E'...almost like 'wiCe', but most people say 'weese' to my fiancée.
    Yay, looking forward to correcting more people in the future...
  • Anonymous 422
    by Anonymous 422
    February 3, 2013 at 2:39 AM

I have a very common Finnish last name. I don't hate it but I don't like it either. 

• bakerbetty2007
    February 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    My maiden name was smith I hated it there were at least three others people with the same name as me now my married name is Harigle. And I kinda enjoy haveing to spell it and correct people on it but I still have at least one other person with the same name now lol
  • Anonymous 423
    by Anonymous 423
    February 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    nutteruppham.... i have come to accept it
  • MrsDavidB25
    February 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Wish I had an anon button for this post but oh well. My maiden name is horrible to pronounce. It is Kritak. Kree-tack. My married name is Beer so much easier!!

• Anonymous 424
    by Anonymous 424
    February 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    Maiden Johnson. First married name Cline second bauch. No one knows how to say it. Lol.
  • KarmaP2
    by KarmaP2
    February 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    My last name is Ozuna. Its weird i have never met anyone aside from family who have this last name but i love my name and never want to change it.
  • Anonymous 425
    by Anonymous 425
    February 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM
    My last name is Abad. But my husband is not Middle Eastern. He's South American. We always get hassled at customs.
  • jaytee
    by jaytee
    February 3, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    My last name is a well known whiskey brand

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email