Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Do you have a weird last name?
by Anonymous
January 28, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Feel free to go anon for this, if you don't want your last name out there.

I have a weird last name. I wish I didn't, because I ALWAYS have to spell it for people. And since it has letters that sound like other letters, like D and T and M I have to say "D, as in dog, T as in Turtle, M as in Mary". And people STILL butcher it! I hate it. I wish I could be a Smith or a Johnson...something that I wouldn't constantly have to spell out.

My last name? Ditmars. I'm willing to bet that not a single one of you share my last name. :) And there is not another person in this world that has the same first name/last name combination as me. At least not that I've found. So I guess that's at least one good thing - it's unique!

OMG!!! This is a featured post?!?! I've never had one of those - how cool!

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Waddle...lmao before that it was Goad...

BUt my maiden name was Alexander ( not so bad)

• ttsmommy2008
    February 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM
    My maiden name is "Schwebke", it's pronounced: 'shh-web-kee'.
    No one EVER pronounced it correctly (especially on the first try).

Going to be "Weiss" soon, pronounced with a long 'I', not a long 'E'...almost like 'wiCe', but most people say 'weese' to my fiancée.
    Yay, looking forward to correcting more people in the future...
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 3, 2013 at 2:39 AM

I have a very common Finnish last name. I don't hate it but I don't like it either. 

• bakerbetty2007
    February 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    My maiden name was smith I hated it there were at least three others people with the same name as me now my married name is Harigle. And I kinda enjoy haveing to spell it and correct people on it but I still have at least one other person with the same name now lol
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    nutteruppham.... i have come to accept it
  • MrsDavidB25
    February 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Wish I had an anon button for this post but oh well. My maiden name is horrible to pronounce. It is Kritak. Kree-tack. My married name is Beer so much easier!!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    Maiden Johnson. First married name Cline second bauch. No one knows how to say it. Lol.
  • KarmaP2
    by KarmaP2
    February 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    My last name is Ozuna. Its weird i have never met anyone aside from family who have this last name but i love my name and never want to change it.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM
    My last name is Abad. But my husband is not Middle Eastern. He's South American. We always get hassled at customs.
  • jaytee
    by jaytee
    February 3, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    My last name is a well known whiskey brand

Mom Confessions