Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
LuLuThatsWho
What is his role in all of this?
January 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM

In your opinion, what should be the role of the father in the early months of a child's life?  

I have newborn twins, and I am curious what responsibilities most dads have.  Tell me a little about your husband's role in your child's babyhood.  What did he do?  How did you feel about his role?

**I would really like to get an accurate picture of how most couples handle new baby responsibilities, so please include any relevant information that explains your personal situation.  IE: "I did everything on my own because he was deployed." or "My husband took care of as many feedings and diaperings as me, but he was unemployed at the time."

Replies

• poshkat
    by poshkat
    January 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM
    Dh did everything I did when he was home and than went to work. He and ds are very close.
  • LuLuThatsWho
    January 28, 2013 at 3:05 PM

This is something that I wonder about.  Are fathers who are very active early on closer with their children?  I would think so.

Lucky you that he was so involved!! :)

Quoting poshkat:

Dh did everything I did when he was home and than went to work. He and ds are very close.

• NowImAMom...
    January 28, 2013 at 3:06 PM

He was unemployed in the begining, and did what I asked him to. I did and still do pretty much everything.

• aimlee
    by aimlee
    January 28, 2013 at 3:07 PM

he did everything I would do. Feedings were mainly up to me, but otherwise he does baths, diapers anything. And he works. He just loves to be around the kids. :)

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    we share the duties, he will get up at night with the babe because I am still home with him all day on maternity leave, and in the evenings when he gets home he ususally takes over so I can prepare dinner. We just both do whatever has/needs to be done.
  • Miller0305

My husband did it all: feedings, even in the middle of the night, diapers, etc.  You name it, he did it even though I was on maternitiy leave and he worked.  Now with twins, your husband for sure needs to step it up and help you.

• MalakbelLacuna
    January 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    In the beginning, I take the lead but its by choice. I make all the major choices. I prefer it that way and he does too. He does whatever I ask him to do.
    When they hit about ten months, he is much much more hands on.
    Again this is all choice. If I wanted him to be more hands on, all I would have to do is ask
  • s.osborne

We both work full time and we both put full time into the baby. 50/50, well 100/100 I guess lol

• Hazel2013
    During the week I usually was the one to wake up and feed the baby and change him due to the fact that he worked during the week. On the weekends which started friday afternoon he would take over or help. He would get up with him and feed and change him. It stayed that way and none of complained. There were times during the week I would be really exhausted and he would get but he didnt mind.
  • eoewan
    by eoewan
    January 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM

My husband was as much a parent as me. When he was on his days off he would do as much as me. He would change, play, cuddle, clean, wash, etc. We are both parents to our children. It is not ones job more than the other. When my husband was at work, I would do it by myself.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN