Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
sheymann
Do NOT put me on a pedestal!
January 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM

DF likes to tell me how perfect I am and it's starting to really get to me. I am NOT by ANY means perfect. I am human. I have my flaws and I make mistakes. 

It has started affecting our relationship. Any time I make a mistake or my flaws are visible, he starts to withdraw and it's getting on my nerve. 

Don't put me on a damn pedestal and you wouldn't be dissapointed when you realize I am no a goddess, but only human.

(It is starting to get better because I keep talking to him about it.)

Does your SO put you on a pedestal?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 16% - Yes and I love it.
  2. 6% - Yes, but it annoys me.
  3. 41% - No and I'm glad.
  4. 24% - No, but I wish he would.
  5. 10% - Other because there always is.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    January 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    I put other because he doesn't put me on one but every now and then it would be kind of nice.
  • XJetX
    by XJetX
    January 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    Depends on the day. Most of the time I'm pretty spoiled, and always well taken care of. He comes home with flowers and gifts on a whim, and I know he loves me more than anything. But no relationship would be complete without a few arguments now and then
  • sheymann
    January 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I would never put anyone on a pedestal, just because no one deserves that. 

I will be nice to him and do things for him and spoil him and he does the same to me, but I still do not expect him to be perfect.

Quoting Anonymous:

I put other because he doesn't put me on one but every now and then it would be kind of nice.

• sheymann
    January 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Right, but he doesn't expect you to be perfect does he?

Quoting XJetX:

Depends on the day. Most of the time I'm pretty spoiled, and always well taken care of. He comes home with flowers and gifts on a whim, and I know he loves me more than anything. But no relationship would be complete without a few arguments now and then

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I've been told that I can't do anything right. I mean nothing. It's seriously affecting our relationship

• owl0210
    by owl0210
    January 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    That's emotional abuse sweetie :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been told that I can't do anything right. I mean nothing. It's seriously affecting our relationship

• Sammi20
    by Sammi20
    January 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM

It's an affection thing! They say it to make you feel good and show you they appreciate everything you do for them :) I used to deny everything he told me.. like "You are So much more beautiful than and woman I've ever seen" or "You are so perfect I don't know what I'd do without you"... Until one day he said. "You know, What I am saying is true. Maybe not to someone else but for me you are perfect and to me you are beautiful.. If you don't start accepting it I will stop saying it. And you know you would miss it" So now I just thank him and give him hugs and kisses xD Because it's true.

• Sammi20
    by Sammi20
    January 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Definitely someone you Don't need to be wasting your time on :/ GL hun.

Quoting Anonymous:

• sheymann
    January 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM

If he did that it would be fine. 

But he says I am perfect and when I do anything "wrong" he gets upset and starts to withdraw.

Quoting Sammi20:

It's an affection thing! They say it to make you feel good and show you they appreciate everything you do for them :) I used to deny everything he told me.. like "You are So much more beautiful than and woman I've ever seen" or "You are so perfect I don't know what I'd do without you"... Until one day he said. "You know, What I am saying is true. Maybe not to someone else but for me you are perfect and to me you are beautiful.. If you don't start accepting it I will stop saying it. And you know you would miss it" So now I just thank him and give him hugs and kisses xD Because it's true.

• sheymann
    January 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM

That is emotional abuse. See a counciler or leave him. Seriously, no one deserves that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN