Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
sheymann
Do NOT put me on a pedestal!
January 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM

DF likes to tell me how perfect I am and it's starting to really get to me. I am NOT by ANY means perfect. I am human. I have my flaws and I make mistakes. 

It has started affecting our relationship. Any time I make a mistake or my flaws are visible, he starts to withdraw and it's getting on my nerve. 

Don't put me on a damn pedestal and you wouldn't be dissapointed when you realize I am no a goddess, but only human.

(It is starting to get better because I keep talking to him about it.)

Does your SO put you on a pedestal?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 16% - Yes and I love it.
  2. 6% - Yes, but it annoys me.
  3. 41% - No and I'm glad.
  4. 24% - No, but I wish he would.
  5. 10% - Other because there always is.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    I put other because he doesn't put me on one but every now and then it would be kind of nice.
  • XJetX
    by XJetX
    January 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    Depends on the day. Most of the time I'm pretty spoiled, and always well taken care of. He comes home with flowers and gifts on a whim, and I know he loves me more than anything. But no relationship would be complete without a few arguments now and then
  • sheymann
    January 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I would never put anyone on a pedestal, just because no one deserves that. 

I will be nice to him and do things for him and spoil him and he does the same to me, but I still do not expect him to be perfect.

Quoting Anonymous:

I put other because he doesn't put me on one but every now and then it would be kind of nice.

• sheymann
    January 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Right, but he doesn't expect you to be perfect does he?

Quoting XJetX:

Depends on the day. Most of the time I'm pretty spoiled, and always well taken care of. He comes home with flowers and gifts on a whim, and I know he loves me more than anything. But no relationship would be complete without a few arguments now and then

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I've been told that I can't do anything right. I mean nothing. It's seriously affecting our relationship

• owl0210
    by owl0210
    January 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    That's emotional abuse sweetie :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been told that I can't do anything right. I mean nothing. It's seriously affecting our relationship

• Sammi20
    by Sammi20
    January 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM

It's an affection thing! They say it to make you feel good and show you they appreciate everything you do for them :) I used to deny everything he told me.. like "You are So much more beautiful than and woman I've ever seen" or "You are so perfect I don't know what I'd do without you"... Until one day he said. "You know, What I am saying is true. Maybe not to someone else but for me you are perfect and to me you are beautiful.. If you don't start accepting it I will stop saying it. And you know you would miss it" So now I just thank him and give him hugs and kisses xD Because it's true.

• Sammi20
    by Sammi20
    January 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Definitely someone you Don't need to be wasting your time on :/ GL hun.

Quoting Anonymous:

• sheymann
    January 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM

If he did that it would be fine. 

But he says I am perfect and when I do anything "wrong" he gets upset and starts to withdraw.

Quoting Sammi20:

It's an affection thing! They say it to make you feel good and show you they appreciate everything you do for them :) I used to deny everything he told me.. like "You are So much more beautiful than and woman I've ever seen" or "You are so perfect I don't know what I'd do without you"... Until one day he said. "You know, What I am saying is true. Maybe not to someone else but for me you are perfect and to me you are beautiful.. If you don't start accepting it I will stop saying it. And you know you would miss it" So now I just thank him and give him hugs and kisses xD Because it's true.

• sheymann
    January 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM

That is emotional abuse. See a counciler or leave him. Seriously, no one deserves that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts