Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
sheymann
Do NOT put me on a pedestal!
January 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM

DF likes to tell me how perfect I am and it's starting to really get to me. I am NOT by ANY means perfect. I am human. I have my flaws and I make mistakes. 

It has started affecting our relationship. Any time I make a mistake or my flaws are visible, he starts to withdraw and it's getting on my nerve. 

Don't put me on a damn pedestal and you wouldn't be dissapointed when you realize I am no a goddess, but only human.

(It is starting to get better because I keep talking to him about it.)

Does your SO put you on a pedestal?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 16% - Yes and I love it.
  2. 6% - Yes, but it annoys me.
  3. 41% - No and I'm glad.
  4. 24% - No, but I wish he would.
  5. 10% - Other because there always is.

Replies

• sheymann
    January 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Actions can speak louder than words. 

Quoting Anonymous:

And see that's what I mean, he does nice things for me but rarely does he compliment me :(

Quoting sheymann:

I would never put anyone on a pedestal, just because no one deserves that. 

I will be nice to him and do things for him and spoil him and he does the same to me, but I still do not expect him to be perfect.

Quoting Anonymous:

I put other because he doesn't put me on one but every now and then it would be kind of nice.

• sheymann
    January 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Thank you for making me laugh. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, I won't.

• sheymann
    January 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM

That's how I feel, but DF keeps acting like I am perfect and when I make mistakes he gets upset and withdrwan.

Quoting XJetX:

No, nobody is 'perfect'. Loving someone isn't about finding someone that's perfect, it's about finding someone and loving them perfectly.

Quoting sheymann:

Right, but he doesn't expect you to be perfect does he?

Quoting XJetX:

Depends on the day. Most of the time I'm pretty spoiled, and always well taken care of. He comes home with flowers and gifts on a whim, and I know he loves me more than anything. But no relationship would be complete without a few arguments now and then

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    January 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    He doesn't buy me flowers or things like that. He considers buying my feminine hygiene items as an on a whim purchase even if he's already out and asks if I need anything :-/

Quoting sheymann:

Quoting Anonymous:

And see that's what I mean, he does nice things for me but rarely does he compliment me :(

Quoting sheymann:

I will be nice to him and do things for him and spoil him and he does the same to me, but I still do not expect him to be perfect.

Quoting Anonymous:

I put other because he doesn't put me on one but every now and then it would be kind of nice.

• sheymann
    January 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Considering I know plenty of guys who won't buy feminine hygiene items, that's something.

Have you takled to him about it?

Quoting Anonymous:

He doesn't buy me flowers or things like that. He considers buying my feminine hygiene items as an on a whim purchase even if he's already out and asks if I need anything :-/

Quoting sheymann:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sheymann:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Dawnzilla
    January 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM

He puts me along with all of my flaws on a pedestal. As I do him. It works for us. We've been through hell and back together and appreciate the good and bad in each other.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    January 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    You're welcome. Any time ! :)

Quoting sheymann:

Thank you for making me laugh. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, I won't.

• AllieReed
    January 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM

He doesn't REALLY have you on a pedastal if he is disappointed in you or withdrawing from you.

• sheymann
    January 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM

It's only when I break the "perfect" imagine that he does that, so yes, he does.

Quoting AllieReed:

He doesn't REALLY have you on a pedastal if he is disappointed in you or withdrawing from you.

• sheymann
    January 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I help do things for him but I wouldn't "put him on a pedestal" so to speak.

Quoting Dawnzilla:

He puts me along with all of my flaws on a pedestal. As I do him. It works for us. We've been through hell and back together and appreciate the good and bad in each other.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN