Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Age difference relationships.
by Anonymous
January 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Who has the biggest age difference here between them and their SO/DH?

Who would never date/marry someone with a huge age difference like 10+ years or more. Who would be ok with that?

what are the pittfalls? what are the good parts?

I ask because a friend of mine says her father (in his 40s) has been talking to a girl our age (22ish-23ish) and I would like to think I am pretty open minded and wouldnt mind dating a man in his mid to early 30's...but I think it would be strange (for me anyway) to start a relationship with someone within a 5 yr age difference from my parents (older or younger) KWIM?

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 28, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    I was with a man 13 years older, now I'm with someone 5 years younger.
  • Jessica_Esqueda
    January 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM

21 years here. So, I guess IM okay with it lol.

• audreesmama
    January 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Dh is 13 years older than I, and 9 years younger than my dad. DH and I have an excellent relationship and we wouldn't change it for the world. I love older men. Boys my age are not my cup of tea.

• JoyfulinSD
    8 years older than me. Best relationship I've ever been in. Over 15 years with each other so far.
  • purpleducky

My wife is 4 years older than me. It works out great for us. I know a couple though that have a huge age gap. My wife picks on the guy that he was graduating high school when his girlfriend started kindergarten.

• crescentstar2
    January 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    Dh is 2.5 mo older than me
  • kidlover2
    My SO is 13 years older. I barely even notice the difference unless he mentions how he graduated from high-school the same year I entered kindergarten.
  • LovelyMommy24
    My dh is only five years older than me. To date someone who's close to my fathers age would creep me out. That's just me though.
  • LoriLou75
    January 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    My dh is 10 years older. We met when I was 30, he was 40. It's not a big deal at all when you are an adult.
  • black_rose19
    January 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    My DH is 19 years older than me. I love it!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN