Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Age difference relationships.
by Anonymous
January 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Who has the biggest age difference here between them and their SO/DH?

Who would never date/marry someone with a huge age difference like 10+ years or more. Who would be ok with that?

what are the pittfalls? what are the good parts?

I ask because a friend of mine says her father (in his 40s) has been talking to a girl our age (22ish-23ish) and I would like to think I am pretty open minded and wouldnt mind dating a man in his mid to early 30's...but I think it would be strange (for me anyway) to start a relationship with someone within a 5 yr age difference from my parents (older or younger) KWIM?

Replies

• rebeccadac
    January 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM

DH is 9 years older here. It works cause you would never know that he is that old

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    My sister's dh is 24 years older then her...
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 11:28 AM

What if your turning 40 ( this year ) and he is 24 ..... my oldest daughter is 22. he's afraid of what his family will say and do and so am I. The relationship is just starting out. I have a big phobia about the age thing, so when I found out that he was only 24 I about died ! We started talking and everything was great, I figured, yeah he young but maybe at the youngest age of 27 -29. NOT 24 !! Now what !

• -Bubblie
    January 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    15 years
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    My husband is 21 years older than me, i have a few fears but thats the only "pittfalls" . Hes not old though he isnt older than 42 but isnt as young as 30
  • misskriss10
    January 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM

My df is only 8 days older than me so I'm not much help but in high school I dated a guy that was 3 years older than me (which doesn't seem like much now but it seemed like a lot then). I'm 21 right now and I would have no problem dating someone in their early 30's but I couldn't do 40's. My mom is only 46 so I feel like that would be a little weird but to each their own. 

• texasjen
    January 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I too have a pretty big thing about the age thing. I've been divorced for 3 years and I'm ready for a BF, but I can not find any one my age! They are all too old or too young! I'm just about 40, so no I do not want to date a 21 yr old nor do I want to date a 60 yr old. ( yes I have had both offer )

• hershey6
    January 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    My husband is 16 years older than me. It works really well for us

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts