Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Age difference relationships.
by Anonymous
January 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Who has the biggest age difference here between them and their SO/DH?

Who would never date/marry someone with a huge age difference like 10+ years or more. Who would be ok with that?

what are the pittfalls? what are the good parts?

I ask because a friend of mine says her father (in his 40s) has been talking to a girl our age (22ish-23ish) and I would like to think I am pretty open minded and wouldnt mind dating a man in his mid to early 30's...but I think it would be strange (for me anyway) to start a relationship with someone within a 5 yr age difference from my parents (older or younger) KWIM?

Replies

• rebeccadac
    January 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM

DH is 9 years older here. It works cause you would never know that he is that old

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    My sister's dh is 24 years older then her...
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 11:28 AM

What if your turning 40 ( this year ) and he is 24 ..... my oldest daughter is 22. he's afraid of what his family will say and do and so am I. The relationship is just starting out. I have a big phobia about the age thing, so when I found out that he was only 24 I about died ! We started talking and everything was great, I figured, yeah he young but maybe at the youngest age of 27 -29. NOT 24 !! Now what !

• -Bubblie
    January 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    15 years
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    My husband is 21 years older than me, i have a few fears but thats the only "pittfalls" . Hes not old though he isnt older than 42 but isnt as young as 30
  • misskriss10
    January 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM

My df is only 8 days older than me so I'm not much help but in high school I dated a guy that was 3 years older than me (which doesn't seem like much now but it seemed like a lot then). I'm 21 right now and I would have no problem dating someone in their early 30's but I couldn't do 40's. My mom is only 46 so I feel like that would be a little weird but to each their own. 

• texasjen
    January 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I too have a pretty big thing about the age thing. I've been divorced for 3 years and I'm ready for a BF, but I can not find any one my age! They are all too old or too young! I'm just about 40, so no I do not want to date a 21 yr old nor do I want to date a 60 yr old. ( yes I have had both offer )

• hershey6
    January 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    My husband is 16 years older than me. It works really well for us

Mom Confessions