Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Our truck is being repo'd
by Anonymous
January 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM
We have a title loan on it and we don't have the money to pay it until next week. They don't give a grace period. We have been paying $200/month for a year now and it's not worth it. To get it out it'll cost close to $1500 and the truck really isn't worth that!!! Dh isn't mad, he's being very reasonable about it so that helps alot! We do have 2 other cars. The only reason I wanted to keep the truck is because that's the truck my water broke in and the truck that ds was brought home in.

Replies

• MistyMoo
    January 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    That sucks.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    Yea I'm just thankful that we have 2 other vehicles.

Quoting MistyMoo:

That sucks.
  • tristahope
    January 28, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    That Sucks. Sorry to hear this...
  • AmyL3469
    January 28, 2013 at 11:36 AM

That sucks. Odd they don't give a grace period, never heard of that before. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 11:36 AM

But it will still be on your credit report for YEARS and prevent you from buying oher things that require credit.  Doesn't your credit rating matter to you?  Or the ethics of it?   You signed an agreement to pay, then didn't pay.  You are a poor risk due to fiscal irresponsibility now.  If I were you I would be furious if my husband "took it well" when it means a black mark for at least 7 years.

• crescentstar2
    January 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    We have a 10 day grace

Good thing you got others
  • Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    They used to but new owners bought it. It's just a way for them to make even more money I think.

Quoting AmyL3469:

• Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    Should I shit the money to pay it?

Quoting Anonymous:

But it will still be on your credit report for YEARS and prevent you from buying oher things that require credit.  Doesn't your credit rating matter to you?  Or the ethics of it?   You signed an agreement to pay, then didn't pay.  You are a poor risk due to fiscal irresponsibility now.  If I were you I would be furious if my husband "took it well" when it means a black mark for at least 7 years.

• AmyL3469
    January 28, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Weird... I did a voluntary repo before when I was pregnant and lost my job. Took the morons like 6 months to come and finally take the car. I knew I couldn't pay for it, it was dead, told them, come take it! Then you miss one payment and get screwed. Silly how those things work. At least you have other vehicles.

Quoting Anonymous:

They used to but new owners bought it. It's just a way for them to make even more money I think.

Quoting AmyL3469:

• Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM
    We had 10 then they changed to 7 then the new owners decided no grace at all.

Quoting crescentstar2:

We have a 10 day grace

Good thing you got others

Mom Confessions