Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How different do you look?
by Anonymous
January 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM

From when you were younger and didn't have kids?

Do do you look your age?

Do you think you look like a mom.?

I'm 17, I've had quite a few people, even on here guess that I was older, but I don't really know what age I look like, i just always assume I look my age or slightly older. Looking at older pictures I think I look my age in pictures where I was 12, but when I look at pictures from when I was 14 I think I do look a little older than my friends did at that point.

I don't think my looks have changed a whole lot, no matter what pictures i look at , my face always seems to look the same, even ones from when I was three. So I think the only part of my looks that changed when I had dd was my body and the way I dress. (basically I no longer where skinny jeans, and band t-shirts with a hoodie over everything, with my face covered in eyiner, mascsra and black eye shadow, which is basically what I use to live in.)

I do think I look like a mom. but then again that might have something to do with the fact that any time we go any where i dont even carry a purse any more, in place of that I have a winnie the pooh diaper bag on my shoulder, a bottle in my hand and a baby on my hip, lol.

But after I put a picture in a guess my age post the other day, I had several women guessing my age to be any where between 24 and 35. It made me wonder if I really just don't look my age, and If other women think they look tried or think that they do or don't look their age.

Please excuse any typos, I am Mobile and my touch screen and autocorrect have a mind of their own, and hate me.

Eta: the questions are whether are not you think you look you are, whether or not you think you look like a mom, and how different you look compared to when you were younger (meaning have you always looked the same or did you drastically change)

Replies

• LovelyMommy24
    January 28, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Basically the same. Then again, I would be comparing photo's from when I was 18 and up. 

You definitely look older than 17 and that's a good thing. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 10:40 AM

wow, 17? You're a baby.

I'm almost 40, of course I look older than I did before I had kids, but I'm in much better shape. I take care of myself.

• Whisperywind
    January 28, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I look older since I turned 40 - not from having kids. sigh.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I am 35. I know I look different. I was definitely skinnier before kids.

• Mommy_Natural
    January 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    I look different. I miss my old metabolism! Pre kids I could eat whatever and whenever I wanted and still had a rocking body. Now I have to work my ass off and really watch what I eat to stay in shape. I miss not worrying about it! I feel like my face looks older but I still look similar, my hips are wider and my boobs are smaller now but with hard work I am in pretty good shape I think.
  • AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    January 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM

me and my baby back in his Navy days

Before kids
  • Jessica_Esqueda

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat

After kids
  • Jessica_Esqueda
    January 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Having had kids young myself... you don't WANT to look 17. Looking 17 would have people judge you everywhere you went for having a child so young. Looking 24ish in your case is an awesome thing!

• AO-88
    by AO-88
    January 28, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    I think I look a lot older. However in person a lot of people think I'm 19 so I guess I'm doing okay

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts