Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
jackieb2811
Twins
January 28, 2013 at 1:57 AM

My twins are 5 years old. I love them to pieces but lately they have been driving me freaking crazy! Maybe because I am pregnant but I don't know they seem to love and adore the baby and talking to it in my belly! They act on each other and fight all the time. I have to literally put them in the corner to get them to stop fighting!

I am going to look into karate and swimming this summer they enjoy both of those so maybe that will help and maybe once they start Kindergarten in the fall they will enjoy having more time out of the house and away from each other! Right now they only go to prek 2.5 hours a day 4 days a week.

If any of you have twins around my twins age or older and they act/acted crazy how do or did you solve their wildness!

S/n my twins have speech delays but I ASSSURE you they get it and they talk good now but still have a lot of jibberish talk at times.

I just hate always feeling like I am yelling or punishing someone that is not the kind of mom I want to be. I do as many activities as we can at home (I live in Pa and the weather sucks right now) but we do board games, color, puzzels, I have them dance to songs on their leap pads and have them help me with dinner and chores and so on. I just don't know sometimes what else to do to help them get along and what to do to get them to listen to me! I may start a sticker chart like they have at school that seems to work for the teachers haha!

Replies

• twin_mama_x_2
    January 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM
    I have almost 4 year old twin boys(they will be 4 on 4-3) & 1 year old boy/girl twins.my boys are crazy lol! They literally bounce off the walls
    all day! I keep them busy with different activities,I also live in pa & we have a bounce u right up the road & I get them involved in helping me w/the babies & bought them some huge floor puzzles($5-$7 at Walmart)..and yeah the weather does suck..
  • twin_mama_x_2
    January 28, 2013 at 2:19 AM
    And maybe for you to get a break,can you increase their time at preschool a little?i work at a preschool & I can tell you that my boys being there really helped settle them & when I was on maternity leave w/my younger set of twins,I sent them every day as well.it really helped for them to have that routine...
  • jackieb2811
    January 28, 2013 at 2:48 AM

I WISH they increases time at their prek! Trust me I have asked! The max they do it morning and afternoon classes each 2.5 hours and they go all year around no break but they will be transitioning into Kindergarten which will be all day come fall which will be nice. I am pregnant with one baby this time I would go crazy with two sets haha but I bet it is fun too :-) at least if I was having twins I would know what to do already but there is only one baby this time which will be completely different since twins are all I know!

I just feel like locking myself away in a room for a few hours but they would find me haha! I love them I really do but they are constantly go go go go go go and mom,mom, mom, mom, mom!

I do tons of activities with them I bought them a lot of puzzels at christmas time because I noticed how much they enjoyed them and I even bought harder puzzels that are 50 plus pieces but they are already pros at them so I need to get to the store and get more and harder ones. I do paints but can't until summer because they will paint on something that isn't paper the second I walk away lol. Summer time is great they have scooters and bikes and SO mom & dad have a pool they bought for them last summer they love. We take them to an indoor pool once in a while too during the summer. Another thing with them is they have one volume and that is LOUD! I can't get normal talking it is all loud talking unless I say whisper lol!

Quoting twin_mama_x_2:

And maybe for you to get a break,can you increase their time at preschool a little?i work at a preschool & I can tell you that my boys being there really helped settle them & when I was on maternity leave w/my younger set of twins,I sent them every day as well.it really helped for them to have that routine...

• 3mommyandwifey
    January 28, 2013 at 3:04 AM
    Post a picture. Twin are so adorable.
  • jackieb2811
    January 28, 2013 at 3:09 AM

This was from 2011

This is 2012 they are a few of the best close ups and ones of them sitting/standing still I have haha!

Quoting 3mommyandwifey:

• 3mommyandwifey
    January 28, 2013 at 3:11 AM
    OMG they are so cute.....I would love twins but not everything you are going through. Are you having a boy or girl on the way?
  • BelleVernonGirl
    January 28, 2013 at 3:12 AM

I have 16 y/o twin girls..when they were little they got along well but when they turned 10 it all changed and they fought ALL THE TIME...thy have started to get along better now.  Not sure if Karate is a good idea..they might come home and try it on each other!  LOL  As far as the speech goes, that's normal for twins.  Some times twins will even make up their own language between each other...mine didn't do that but they didn't talk much at all.  Their 3rd grade teacher wanted them tested for "selective muteness"  I declined b/c I knew there was nothing wrong with them.  They are still very quiet to this day...Good Luck!!!

• BelleVernonGirl
    January 28, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Aw!  I take it you're in the Pittsburgh area?  Me to..obviously by my screen name...Belle Vernon..nice weather were having tonight huh?

Quoting jackieb2811:

This was from 2011

This is 2012 they are a few of the best close ups and ones of them sitting/standing still I have haha!

Quoting 3mommyandwifey:

• KYLIEAARONMOMMY
    January 28, 2013 at 3:15 AM
    I have twin boys and they are 3. They are already crazy at this age. I was hoping to hear that it gets easier as the get older. My boys have a speech delay too. One of them speaks more and better for then the other. They fight a lot, but are also buddies. There personalities are very different. Uploaded with Imgupr
  • jackieb2811
    January 28, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Thanks lol.

I never even thought twins when I first got pregnant and about passed out when I was told but when I seen the screen I was immediately excited! I have pretty much been a single parent to them because their dad never helpd much with raising them. I met my SO and he not only supports us but is a great father figure and so good to them!

It is fun most of the time they crack me up with the things they come up with but they have days were nothing goes right! I get stressed out with how much they compete!

Me and SO are not finding out until the baby comes in May :-)

Quoting 3mommyandwifey:

OMG they are so cute.....I would love twins but not everything you are going through. Are you having a boy or girl on the way?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts