Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!
by Anonymous
January 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.

Replies

• Fyrestar68
    January 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    Read this to your children: I am an Iraqi OIF III veteran. I did more work in that year than you will EVER do in a lifetime. I've served 16 years, so far, while working at another job, and attending school. I have earned a Bachelor's Degree in Science, and now because I have been deemed a high risk pregnancy with my third child I am now a SAHM, and will remain a SAHM until she goes to school. My DF who is currently serving in Afghanistan, may work and contribute his money to the household, but is not home to help with the kids at this time. There isn't any "BREAK" time. I'm on the go every minute of EVERY DAY. From 530am until sometimes 300am, I'm doing something for my kids who range in age 12, 2, and due any day now, so please, take your "superior" attitude and shove it. I don't think you or anyone else is better than me, nor do I believe that I am better than anyone else. I do what is right for my family. I don't teach my kids to look down upon someone because their circumstances are different than ours or their beliefs are different than mine. May God bless you and keep you safe.

Quoting Anonymous:

I love when women try to justify being lazy. I find it humorous. Keep going so I can read more to my children.

Quoting Anonymous:

Awesome rebuttal, I bet you were debate champ in high school.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh so sorry...typing on my phone while reading your ideas to my adult children. They are getting quite a laugh.

Quoting Anonymous:

What you're saying is as ridiculous as when people say that working mothers are too selfish to settle for being just "mom"... that they put themselves before their kids.

Oh, and the word is spelled "minuscule", not "miniscule". How's that "advanced education" workin' out for ya?

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you teach your children only about your miniscule microcosm too?

I assume all women are capable of having an advanced education and contributing more than McDonalds....some don't try though. They settle for being June Cleaver. How endearing.

Quoting Anonymous:

So basically you think that a mom having any job at all is better than what I do?  That some mom that works at Mcdonalds is contributing more to society than I am just because she has a job and I don't? And no I am not saying that is what I am qualified to do so don't go jumping to any conclusions.  I don't have to fill my life full of a bunch of extra curricular activities so that I feel like I am making a difference in the world.  I make a difference every day to the only world that matters to me: My Family.  They are my world and I contribute to their betterment every single day.  If you want to work or need to work, or whatever your personal situation is thats fine with me.  I don't think I am better than you are.  I don't see why you have to feel like you are better than anyone else.  I know that at the end of each day my family and I are happy and that's what counts in my book. As long as you can say the same(however you achieve that happiness) then you are obviously doing something right.  I see no reason to be so condescending about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok martha stewart...your contribution is awesome by doing dishes and laundry.. keep thinking you are adding anything to society.

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

• MissT1029
    January 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM
    Why's that

Quoting maha06:

I should introduce you to my husband...

• Fyrestar68
    January 29, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    They forgot to include nurse...my kids have asthma and have both had pneumonia in one year (2012)...which, of course means, I got pneumonia twice in one year...once with a touch of bronchitis and both ears infected...and still had to keep on trucking because no one else was going to take care of my kids, especially being sick and that includes DF who works so he couldn't take the time off. :-)

Quoting little_buggie:

WOW, you really wanted to open a can of worms huh? Well I am sure it's been said but I will say it again

• Shelly126
    January 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    The problem is, most people assume a SAHM is an uneducated woman, with no job skills and that's why she is home with the kids.
    I happen to be @ the moment a SAHM, I am an educated woman, graduated college and worked in the medical field for many years before DH and I were married and before we had children. We decided it would be nice if I took a few years away from my career to be with our twin boys!
    I am in no way lazy, I have continuing education seminars and credits to attend to renew my license, and I do plenty with my children during the days other than just playing.
    I made a very good salary, my DH makes an excellent salary, we live in a very exclusive neighborhood, drive nice cars, have investments as well as money in bank accounts and I have a housekeeper that comes once a week to help out!
    I think DH and I have made a very good life for ourselves and because I can stay home with my boys, I do! I intend on returning to work one day, but they are only 2 now and need me more than
    I need my job. The point is I worked hard for many years outside the home to build what DH and I have together and now I am working inside the home for the benefit of my children.
    I was raised by 2 amazing woman, #1- my mom who worked outside the home because she had too when my parents divorced and by#2- my grandmother who was a SAHM and never worked a day in her life, so she took care of me during the day while my mom worked. I never thought my mother was more a productive member of society because she "worked" and my grandmother "did not" my grandmother was equally productive, just in different ways.
    Being a productive member of society doesn't mean you are defined by the specific "job" you have. Being a productive member of society and making a difference in the world is often made by human kindness and compassion as well as working to support yourself or a family. Teaching the next generation to educate themselves and work hard is very important but so is having respect, love and compassion for people and not passing judgement. There are many people I know that have plenty of money and are highly educated but they are rotten miserable people. Money and work ethics are not the only lessons a child should learn.
  • Fyrestar68
    January 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    I totally agree..and kudos to your mother and grandmother, who both contributed in raising such a wise and successful woman. Have a blessed day.

Quoting Shelly126:

The problem is, most people assume a SAHM is an uneducated woman, with no job skills and that's why she is home with the kids.

I happen to be @ the moment a SAHM, I am an educated woman, graduated college and worked in the medical field for many years before DH and I were married and before we had children. We decided it would be nice if I took a few years away from my career to be with our twin boys!

I am in no way lazy, I have continuing education seminars and credits to attend to renew my license, and I do plenty with my children during the days other than just playing.

I made a very good salary, my DH makes an excellent salary, we live in a very exclusive neighborhood, drive nice cars, have investments as well as money in bank accounts and I have a housekeeper that comes once a week to help out!

I think DH and I have made a very good life for ourselves and because I can stay home with my boys, I do! I intend on returning to work one day, but they are only 2 now and need me more than

I need my job. The point is I worked hard for many years outside the home to build what DH and I have together and now I am working inside the home for the benefit of my children.

I was raised by 2 amazing woman, #1- my mom who worked outside the home because she had too when my parents divorced and by#2- my grandmother who was a SAHM and never worked a day in her life, so she took care of me during the day while my mom worked. I never thought my mother was more a productive member of society because she "worked" and my grandmother "did not" my grandmother was equally productive, just in different ways.

Being a productive member of society doesn't mean you are defined by the specific "job" you have. Being a productive member of society and making a difference in the world is often made by human kindness and compassion as well as working to support yourself or a family. Teaching the next generation to educate themselves and work hard is very important but so is having respect, love and compassion for people and not passing judgement. There are many people I know that have plenty of money and are highly educated but they are rotten miserable people. Money and work ethics are not the only lessons a child should learn.

• SimplyEnchanted
    January 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Hahaha, do you even know what SAHM means? It means Stay at Home Mom. It isn't an indication of laziness. It simply means you stay at home.

Work at Home Mom means you're doing some sort of business transactions at home. A home business.

• Shelly126
    January 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    Quoting Fyrestar68:

thank you! God Bless you and your family! And thank you and your DH for your service to our country!
  • Anonymous 148
    by Anonymous 148
    January 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM

SAHM / WAHM or whatever. Staying at home to work is better than having to GO to work.

I'm not being critical but staying at home with kids and doing housework is EASY. The fewer kids the eaiser. Especially once they get school age. I've stayed at home with kids and worked outside the home. Beleive me.....I'd choose staying home EVERY time. At least some of us have a choice. Most men don't.

I'm just sayin !

• detmom
    by detmom
    January 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM

BUMP!

• little_buggie
    January 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM

YOU'RE WELCOME!!! ENJOY!

Quoting Basherte:

Thank you. 

I will be trying out the jelly this summer. The sauces, I will be trying out as soon as possible. 

I appreciate that.

Quoting little_buggie:

I will be happy to share the pizza sauce and the jelly and the basics of the pasta sause but not the whole thing as that is a family recipe :)

I will have to get back to you on the pizza sauce, but here is the jelly and the basics for the pasta sauce.

3 c. strawberries or peaches, mashed
    6 c. sugar
    1 box sure jell
    3/4 c. water

Mix fruit with sugar. Set aside. Combine water and sure jell in a pot. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir sure jell mix into fruit, stirring 3 minutes. Do not cool. Pour into jars with lids, cover and let set for 24 hours. Store in freezer.

pasta sauce

2 cans of WHOLE tomatoes (the hunts or contadina)
    4 small cans of tomato paste
    ^4 cans of water
    onion
    garlic
    italian seasoning
    salt
    pepper

start with sauteing your onion and garlic in olive iol add your paste and water and seasonings (FYI if you use oregano save that for the last 30 min of cooking) and water and let it cook for about 10 min, use a butter knife and cut up the tomatoes while still in the can (cut them up pretty good) pour into pot and bring to a boil, turn heat down and simmer on low for 2.5-3hrs. 

Come to think of it the pizza sauce is pretty much the same but I use the "pizza seasoning" and ad 1 extra paste but not another can of water.

Quoting Basherte:

I'm slightly embarrased and very jealous of this post. 

I want your recipe for the pasta sauce, the pizza sauce, and the jelly. If you are willing to share. I really would love to make that stuff from scratch for my family as well.

Quoting little_buggie:

Oh and incidentally what do you have to do tomorrow? Here is my list (to take care of a fam of 5 FYI) Take LO to school (she has to be there @ 8:30 so we get up @ 7:30) Make breakfast Clean up from breakfast and tonight's dinner since we had company and it got too late to bother with it tonight Return some jars of pasta sauce to the store because I decided to make my own sauce and freeze it raather than buying jarred sauce(oh yeah I make my own pizza and sketti sauce and jam and jelly and EVERYTHING I cook is homemade FROM SCRATCH) Wash 6 loads of laundry Clean the bathroom Mop(oh but we don't have a mop so that means I will b eon my hands and knees for about 2 hours "mopping" the kitchen, laundry room, entry way, and bathroom) Vacuum pick LO up from school Go to an appointment Help LO with her homework Make Dinner Clean up from dinner Read to LO before bed ...on top of all that I am SURE there will be some surprises in my day. So, tell me the lazy SAHM, how busy are YOU tomorrow? OH and what time do you get up and go to bed?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN