Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I'm a WAHM not a SAHM!!
by Anonymous
January 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
There's a difference. I refuse to fall under the stereotype SAHM. I'm not lazy as I do more than a SAHM!!

I'm not against a SAHM. I just believe in making my fair share.

Replies

• icn_mom
    by icn_mom
    January 28, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Quoting britishmummy:

Haha I was going to ask how you were a stay at home mum when you are a chef, and a nurse, than I was like...'she has a lot of jobs...wait a minute!'

Quoting icn_mom:

In the way you worded this post, you called SAHM's lazy... It's funny you needed to point out to as well that you dont want to be "stereotyped as a SAHM", like thats a bad thing HAHA... Im a WAHM mom too, im a chef, a nurse, an accountant, a taxi, a therapist, a house keeper... :) so Kudos to you!

:)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 7:19 AM
    Quoting LiesLiesLies:

That is such a stupid statement. You may do more than SOME stay at home moms but you don't do more than ALL SAHM's....

• iamcafemom83
    January 28, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    Well, ouch. As a sahm I am nothing but supportive of my working counterparts. I am sorry to hear that the rest of the world thinks what I do is lazy. It really is far from it.

Sah has its perks, yes. But, also its downsides. Just like working does.

By the way im really surprised such a negative post made it to featured post.
  • GoddessAnna
    January 28, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    I'm totally a lazy SAHM. Heck, it's a quarter after 7 and I'm still in bed. School was canceled, I don't feel well, so I'm taking it easy. The kids can get their own breakfast this morning.

People take this crap way too seriously.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 7:23 AM
    I am a sahm and Im busy from about 545 am to 10:30 pm. Im doing more the my fair share.

Its very rude to say you do more then all sahm and their lazy. I dont know how you can possibly know that, since theres no way you know every single sahm in the world.
  • lapcounter
    January 28, 2013 at 7:24 AM
    Who gives a shit, oh just you!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    Wow you are telling people that they are lazy and talking down about what they are teaching their children, but your lazy ass children can't even clean up after themselves? Way to go. Mom of the year right here!

Quoting Anonymous:

As mentioned in a prior post {yes, reading is hard} my children are adults now. One is a veterinarian and the other is a sports medicine physical therapist for a major league sports team. Both are happily married, living in their own homes, and yes, they have maids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your children need maids? You are unable to clean up after your own children? Or are they grown? If they are grown and need maids you apparently needed to teach them basic activities. Going to Sweden doesn't mean squat if you're incapable of what a four year old should be doing.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is because you are teaching your children by your own actions that they should strive to attain the position of dishwasher and laundress. My children need maids, so thank you.

Quoting StoneColdKiller:

fun for you, boring to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually exciting. I tested my work in sweden and got to brng my children. They talk about it now as adults. They hope they can do the same interesting activities with their children.

Quoting StoneColdKiller:

that sounds very boring.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm only saying a truly productive member of society can do both. By the time my children were teenagers I had taken them with me to haiti to help a small village build a well for fresh water, and I had architected the NBC recon vehicles for NATO.

I think you should expect more of yourself.

Quoting AMCMSM:

No, I work, volunteer, and have a happy child. I just think that raising a happy successful child contributes far more to society than any job I could work.

saying that you contribute nothing to society by being a SAHM is just as silly as saying you can not be good mother if you work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you incapable of having happy, well-adjusted children AND contribute to the betterment of society?

Quoting AMCMSM:

Happy well adjusted children does contribute to society. Do you believe that working outside the home is the only way to add anything to society? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok martha stewart...your contribution is awesome by doing dishes and laundry.. keep thinking you are adding anything to society.

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

• psych_mom
    January 28, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Why are you so condescending to someone that decides a different path than you? And does being repetitious make you feel better? Microcosm itself means small or tiny world, so you are just trying to make yourself look even better by using big words. A lot of us can do that as well (you learn lots of big words in college). 

Seriously, women need to stop downing each other so much. Some of us pick working outside the home, some of us work inside it. It doesn't matter, we are all contributing in some way. How can we expect our husbands and sons to respect all women when women are constantly belittling each other like this?

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you teach your children only about your miniscule microcosm too?

I assume all women are capable of having an advanced education and contributing more than McDonalds....some don't try though. They settle for being June Cleaver. How endearing.

Quoting Anonymous:

So basically you think that a mom having any job at all is better than what I do?  That some mom that works at Mcdonalds is contributing more to society than I am just because she has a job and I don't? And no I am not saying that is what I am qualified to do so don't go jumping to any conclusions.  I don't have to fill my life full of a bunch of extra curricular activities so that I feel like I am making a difference in the world.  I make a difference every day to the only world that matters to me: My Family.  They are my world and I contribute to their betterment every single day.  If you want to work or need to work, or whatever your personal situation is thats fine with me.  I don't think I am better than you are.  I don't see why you have to feel like you are better than anyone else.  I know that at the end of each day my family and I are happy and that's what counts in my book. As long as you can say the same(however you achieve that happiness) then you are obviously doing something right.  I see no reason to be so condescending about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok martha stewart...your contribution is awesome by doing dishes and laundry.. keep thinking you are adding anything to society.

Quoting Anonymous:

That still doesn't make me lazy.  Just because you work and I don't doesn't mean I am lazy.  Thats not how that works.  It just means that my DH makes enough money that I can concentrate all my efforts on making his life, our kids' lives, and our home as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some of us work 10 hour days and do all the housework at home and take care of our children. No kudos for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm and I am not lazy.  I do my share.  I cook, clean, teach our children, all while DH is at work.  I work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  He works 10 hour days 4 days a week.  I don't ask him to do much when he is home.  I don't think Sahms are lazy at all.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 7:34 AM
    You made the front page!!
  • Nicole.Brown
    January 28, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Stupid

Mom Confessions