Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
thetrollcat
One that does not SUPPORT something does not EQUAL turning your back
January 27, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I do not support bad grades, drinking and driving, dating older men, never cleaning your room, or mouthing off.

Pregnancy is only one of many things I do not support as a parent raising a teen./

Saying you will not support a choice does not equal turning your back on a child.

Replies

• thetrollcat
    January 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM

i knew there were still some smart women in here!

I heart you ;) You are smart!

Quoting MizzDeeDee:

I agree actually. Just because you don't agree with something your kids do doesn't mean that you're turning your back on them. That's actually kind of silly.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    January 27, 2013 at 5:08 PM
    I am sorry but if I give them the education and tools to be safe and they choose to ignore it that is on them. They wanna be grown, they can be grown. But I am not a built in babysitter or bank for someone to screw around and have babies.
  • TheLooneyBinMum
    January 27, 2013 at 5:08 PM
    I agree with this

Quoting MizzDeeDee:

I agree actually. Just because you don't agree with something your kids do doesn't mean that you're turning your back on them. That's actually kind of silly.

• thetrollcat
    January 27, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Well I think the fine line is the punishment part....

Bad grades hard to punish especially a rebellious teen or a teen that gets pregnant...

But drinking and driving you lose your damn car! 

But ya Ill always love my kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. It shows maturity when you can say you don't support it but still not turn your back on whoever you don't agree with.

• pbjtime87
    January 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    Quoting thetrollcat:

I'm not sure if I'm reading it in the right context... I didn't read the post that got deleted... But you said you do not support bad grades in the first sentence... and then from comments it's goes into turning your back on them...
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    January 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    LOL at your reply. you obviously don't want to take responsibility for your actions or replies.

Quoting thetrollcat:

LOL at your reply...

Again I wouldnt want anyone to take responsibilities for their own actions or replies. That could be bad!

Quoting Anonymous:

hmmm. maybe they were being rude to you because they would say something and you would be completely rude, put words in their mouth and call them an enabler, but yet when a friend of yours would say the same thing as the anon you were being rude to, you agreed with what they said.

perhaps they didn't like the discrimmination you obviously had for people you don't know versus the kind attitude you had for your friends that said the same thing.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I highly doubt it. Other people were doing it as well, I doubt that is the reason because of ME. I mean golly I wouldnt want anyone to take responsibilities for their replies as well ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

hmmm. ok. could have been because you were constantly putting words in other peoples mouths and starting shit over words they didn't even say?

Quoting thetrollcat:

I didnt, too many people were making rude replies and calling me a bitch so it got deleted by the gods because it was too heated.

Quoting Anonymous:

why'd you delete your post?

• thetrollcat
    January 27, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Saying you will not support a choice does not equal turning your back on a child.

Did you read that sentence correctly? Did you read the title?

Quoting pbjtime87:

Quoting thetrollcat:

I'm not sure if I'm reading it in the right context... I didn't read the post that got deleted... But you said you do not support bad grades in the first sentence... and then from comments it's goes into turning your back on them...

• scoutfamilyof7

Kids are human right? They make mistakes! As parents all we can do is guide them and teach them, in the end it is all their decisions. Deciding to get bad grades knowing they will be grounded, deciding to get behind the wheel of a car and being drunk and knowing they could kill somebody, having unprotected sex knowing a baby could be an end result. For me and my husband we would be very disappointed at those decisions. However, we both have already talked about the pregnancy thing and we both will love and support them no matter what! Of course we will make them own up to their decisions, but I will make them finish their education so that they will not be another statistic and end up on PA. If that mean babysitting MY grandbaby, making sure he/she is fed and clothed, and allowing my child some kind of teenage hood than I will. Just because they had a baby does not mean their lives have to be made even more complicated, because it will already be complicated enough. That to me is loving and supporting my kids.

• thetrollcat

Im sorry but Im not the one following you and trolling about how you are this or that.

But I see you doing it.

Troll much?

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL at your reply. you obviously don't want to take responsibility for your actions or replies.

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6

I've always told my mom, you don't have to support WHAT i'm doing...all I'm asking is that you support me as your daughter. In otherwords, she may not support or agree with what I'm doing, but that doesn't mean that she has to sit there and act like I'm not even her daughter. So yes, I totally understand what you're saying. It's nice to see all the perfect parents on here who apparently have never once been disappointed in their children's actions.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN