Mom Confessions

Anonymous
*Edited with new question* How do you and your partner divide household chores?
by Anonymous
January 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Today while vacuuming I thought of this. DH and I simply have an understanding that whoever is not at work does the things that need to be done the only exception is that he cuts the grass in summer.

We have some friends that are a couple and sometimes I can't help but almost giggle about their quirkiness. She WON'T shovel snow, acts like she doesn't know how. Claims she won't vacuum because she is OCD about the vacuum lines in the carpet and will spend hours doing so. BUT she won't let DH do the dishes or laundry among other things. They are just so silly to me. They are currently ttc and I just think it will be interesting to see what happens if they have a child.

How do you disperse chores in your house?

EDIT*** ok so, obviously if only one person works it's fair to assume that the other partner does more around the house but how about in situations where both work outside the home?

Example: DH works 3 12 hour shifts a week and I work 5 8hour shifts per week plus 30 sometimes+ hours of being "on call" at the hospital, as the woman do you feel that I should still play a traditional role in doing the majority of the housework?

Replies

• singlemama0905
    January 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM
    No SO living with me so I do it all
  • lovinglife0682
    January 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    I sah. I do everything inside the home. He does the outside. He will jump in on occasion if he sees I need help.
  • kyuteangl88
    January 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    I do everything.
  • mammabear18
    January 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    We don't divide stuff were a team and when things need done one of us will do it. If the trash needs taken out one of us will do it, if he's available and he sees the laundry starting to over flow and im not home he will toss the a load in etc etc...I guess we've been together so long we just work in sync.
  • redneckmama4
    I am now payin' for a spoiled household...I do it all. He has never even cleaned our toilets.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    let's see, I do all the work and he's a filthy animal that can't clean after himself. I cannot wait until the Divorce is final.
  • southern.momof2
    Nope, I do everything.
  • armywifey26

We all have our specific things we do. That includes the kids and their chores. But on weekends DH helps out with everything. Sometimes he even does it all himself. But he is the only one that mows the lawn. I won't do that. And I would prefer if he stayed away from the laundry. The last time he tried doing the laundry it didn't turn out well....

• ksueditz
    January 27, 2013 at 11:54 AM
    I am a sahm so I do the majority of the day to day housework. Dh takes the trash to the curb, any heavy jobs, and minor repairs. He does help on the weekends w/ dishes, sweeping etc. I do ALL cooking that doesn't involve opening a can. I even do the grilling85% of the time.
  • FooLynRoo
    January 27, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I do what I want

he does what he wants

Mom Confessions