Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Send your kid to daycare he said...ETA
by Anonymous
January 27, 2013 at 3:44 AM
My sons pedi advised us to send our LO to daycare so he can develop social skills. He was 13 months at the time. I feel like I'm depriving him of that but everyone around me says he is doing great and is best at home with me. We are living comfortably enough for me to stay home with my LO and I want to know how many mamas did NOT send their children to daycare or anything of that sort and had kids with fine social skills. Should add he does not have any cousins and is the first born of his generation. We're waiting on family to bring more kids into the family.

ETA: I looked into some of the options mothers gave. The local YMCA closed in may of 2012 here, and our library does have story time. I found a Montessori play group, and contacted them. I had no idea this post would become featured. It's going to take me a while to reply but thank to you all of you mamas who remained respectful.

Replies

• Sassy762
    January 27, 2013 at 3:45 AM

I have NEVER EVER sent any of my 7 kids or my 4 grandkids to daycare and they are all just fine........

• happy41ce
    January 27, 2013 at 3:47 AM

never EVER.

I will not send baby #5 either..

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 27, 2013 at 3:48 AM
    I feel my LO is fine. That guilt trip just stayed with me.

Quoting Sassy762:

I have NEVER EVER sent any of my 7 kids or my 4 grandkids to daycare and they are all just fine........

• Anonymous
    How did they all turn out social wise ?

Quoting happy41ce:

never EVER.

I will not send baby #5 either..

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Neither of my kids have been in daycare and are both doing fine.

• young_lv_mom
    January 27, 2013 at 3:49 AM
    My oldest went, but my youngest has not, and they both are great around kids (youngest is not great around adults he does not know and he is 4, but I am sure he will be fine). If you think he is good trust your self, after all you are with him all the time and the pedi is with him for check ups.
  • Byrd15
    by Byrd15
    January 27, 2013 at 3:50 AM
    My 2 siblings and I never did, and my children won't. It's a personal choice.
    Why not have play dates? In your own home for a few hours a week, those are always fun! <3
  • Sassy762

He will make friends at the park, the library...anywhere  you take him. IF you feel that he is okay then that is all that matters...

No need for a guilt trip at all

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel my LO is fine. That guilt trip just stayed with me.

Quoting Sassy762:

• babygomez

My two kids are 4 years old, and 13 months old. Neither of them have ever attended daycare, and thankfully never will. My daughter has her shy moments, but I'm not concerned about that. She is a happy child, overall. As is my son. :)

• Anonymous
    January 27, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    He is social when someone approaches him first. He literally has no cousins his age and SO and I are waiting on number two until we feel comfortable with it. First time mom learning I guess.

Quoting young_lv_mom:

My oldest went, but my youngest has not, and they both are great around kids (youngest is not great around adults he does not know and he is 4, but I am sure he will be fine). If you think he is good trust your self, after all you are with him all the time and the pedi is with him for check ups.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts