Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Ha! Its great, smarta$$ :P
by Anonymous
January 25, 2013 at 11:27 PM

So I work at front desk in a hotel.  We just had a guy come in and say he needed a room and that he was traveling for work but not with his company =/  *okay*  Could I give him a corp rate.  So tonight our rates are  112 plus tax and my corp rate is 104 plus tax.  He said I cant do that so I went to 92 plus tax.( I could have gone to 89 as my lowest but he was being a snobby jerk). He then tells me that he "believes he saw us on hotwire for 62 a night.  Can I use your computer it will be easier than my phone"  >=|  Yes Sir, its right around the corner.  First off, hotwire doesnt tell you WHO you are staying with.  At the toll exit we are at there is our company, a Super 8 and a Best Western. There is no way on God green Earth that our room would go that low.  So Im at front desk and I hear him print so I check the res list and there isnt anything.  He walks past and says "well I guess I dont get to stay with you tonight"  and walks out.  I will just say, that if you are going somewhere ALWAYS call the hotel (stopping in is better) and see the lowest possible rate.  If your nice and its slow I will always work with a person as much as Im allowed to get them to stay here.  We will have families that 1 will go online(priceline, hotwire expedia) and see the difference that their family pays then gets upset.

Replies

• jas_momof2
    January 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I remember those days...  I was a night auditor once upon a time...  Don't miss it one bit - people are idiots...

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I work front desk at a hotel too!! LOL

always get the yahoos that want to get the "poor person" rate...and are driving a Brand new truck...I'll accomodate ya, but at least ACT normal. I dont like snobby jerks.

• shell3m
    by shell3m
    January 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM

people will always try to scam.  sad really....

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 25, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Quoting shell3m:

people will always try to scam.  sad really....

I get why people come here.  I wouldnt want to stay at any of the other places here.  It just drives me nuts when people get mad at me when I wont give them a room for 45 bucks, even though our parking lot is empty and its 2 in the morning. 

• Anonymous
    January 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

always get the yahoos that want to get the "poor person" rate...and are driving a Brand new truck...I'll accomodate ya, but at least ACT normal. I dont like snobby jerks.

Or they want to pay in cash and get mad when I require a CC.  Then it is declined for the 20 dollar hold. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Yep...One day we had a couple come in. The husband came in...swore up and down both credit cards had like $10,000 limits....They wouldnt even auth for $20...neither of them!!

Then the wife comes in..Bitches how she slipped on the ice...But was on the phone w/ her son. Said they would be doing this over the phone. Manager said NOPE...if you want to use son's cc, then he needs to be HERE.  She got all bitchy,said if we didnt fix the icey parkinglot she was coming back with her lawyer....Whatever..lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Or they want to pay in cash and get mad when I require a CC.  Then it is declined for the 20 dollar hold. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM

whuddya work at the hilton? 100 is a lot for one night

• Anonymous
    January 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Quoting jas_momof2:

I remember those days...  I was a night auditor once upon a time...  Don't miss it one bit - people are idiots...

Night audit and the office work are fine.  I actually love it.  Our regulars here are great.  But someday I will tell someone off and get fired.  Front desk isnt like other places where you can get an attitude with a customer and get away with it.  EVERYONE here gets a survey of their stay and they are not afraid to exaggerated on how you acted.  Last night we had a new system update that threw all my computers into a funk.  All front desk computers would restart on their own and you couldnt get them to do anything so I had to do it all by the main station in the back office that hadnt updated yet.  So I had to shut down our server and restart then do NA to complete everything and 2 guys had walked in during the middle of all of this.  I apologized to him for having to go back and forth and gave him a nice discount.  He asks me Are you SURE you know how to work a computer?  =|    I let it slide and gave up on the system and pulled out a blank reg card.  His buddy then asks me if I know of any women here that like to get beat?!   UHHHH excuse me?  I said Im sorry I miss understood you.  He looks me in the eye and says Ya know, some women like it like that.  I only took his initials, and wrote down his card number and threw him any room.  I didnt do rapid check outs and told my boss what happened and why.  She said she didnt blame me and that was ok.  I have spooked myself here at night in the past but have never felt threatened before...

• jas_momof2
    January 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I got held up once...  That was enough for me...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Night audit and the office work are fine.  I actually love it.  Our regulars here are great.  But someday I will tell someone off and get fired.  Front desk isnt like other places where you can get an attitude with a customer and get away with it.  EVERYONE here gets a survey of their stay and they are not afraid to exaggerated on how you acted.  Last night we had a new system update that threw all my computers into a funk.  All front desk computers would restart on their own and you couldnt get them to do anything so I had to do it all by the main station in the back office that hadnt updated yet.  So I had to shut down our server and restart then do NA to complete everything and 2 guys had walked in during the middle of all of this.  I apologized to him for having to go back and forth and gave him a nice discount.  He asks me Are you SURE you know how to work a computer?  =|    I let it slide and gave up on the system and pulled out a blank reg card.  His buddy then asks me if I know of any women here that like to get beat?!   UHHHH excuse me?  I said Im sorry I miss understood you.  He looks me in the eye and says Ya know, some women like it like that.  I only took his initials, and wrote down his card number and threw him any room.  I didnt do rapid check outs and told my boss what happened and why.  She said she didnt blame me and that was ok.  I have spooked myself here at night in the past but have never felt threatened before...

• Anonymous
    January 26, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

whuddya work at the hilton? 100 is a lot for one night

WHERE do I work?  I work at a Holiday Inn Express.  We are the only HOTEL at the exit and the only place that has an indoor pool and hot tub, free breakfast and free wifi in the rooms.  $100 is NOT a lot for 1 night.  Like I said as well I would have gone down had he been nicer and not just expected a cheap room.

Mom Confessions