Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
CM_Junkie
Irate edit!My family is going to freeze tonight.Stupid cheap heater!edit
January 25, 2013 at 10:07 PM
My damn heater has stopped working in the middle of a cold as heck snow storm! Our house was poorly built and has drafts going all through the house making it near impossible to keep warm. This is one of those times I wish I wasn't afraid of space heaters and. Had one.

Edit

Well maintenance man will be here in 10 min so we will see how this turns out

The maintenance man comes out fiddles with things. It kicks mildly warm air out for one min and he leaves. I check on it in five min it blowing freezing cold air!! They said they won't come to figure out what is wrong with it again until Wednesday!! Seriously!! Hell no!! I'm so pissed and whoever answers the phone better hand me the owners number because I'm calling them. Who leaves a family with four small children in a house with no heat for five days!!! And then however long it takes to order parts after that. If they stick to their guns on nothing until Wednesday I'm calling a lawyer to see what our rights are. Then I'm getting them black listed if they don't own up and fix this. Every repair takes weeks to months with these people.

Replies

• CM_Junkie
    January 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM
    Bump
  • ksueditz
    January 25, 2013 at 10:31 PM
    Sleep all in one room, if not one bed. Good luck!
  • Fields456
    January 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM
    Before we had our whole hvac system replaced to even get our house halfway warm it would CPS like $800 a month ( ya not payin that). We bought several of the tower oscillating heaters. No coils show and they all have an auto cut off if the get too hot or tip over. They were around $90 each I think and if u close the door your room gets toasty.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Bundle up! Get a portable radiator, I can't use the heating in my home so that's all we have.

• CM_Junkie
    January 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM
    I'm pretty sure any space heater is banned per our lease but I'm about to tell them to go to hell!

Quoting Fields456:

Before we had our whole hvac system replaced to even get our house halfway warm it would CPS like $800 a month ( ya not payin that). We bought several of the tower oscillating heaters. No coils show and they all have an auto cut off if the get too hot or tip over. They were around $90 each I think and if u close the door your room gets toasty.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Those little space heaters freak me out too.

• Fields456
    January 25, 2013 at 10:37 PM
    If they don't get the heater fixed then they are responsible for providing u an alternative. I would call them tomorrow and tell them to either fix it of u will be getting some.

Quoting CM_Junkie:

I'm pretty sure any space heater is banned per our lease but I'm about to tell them to go to hell!

Quoting Fields456:

• kissesxoxo8882
    January 25, 2013 at 10:38 PM

do you have a fireplace that works if so use it

• redneckmama4
    January 25, 2013 at 10:38 PM
    Cover the windows in plastic or blankets, make a pallet on the floor, snuggle and watch movies.

We have a radiator lookin' one that works great and I feel safe with it on at nights...and I'm a worry wart:)
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM

It's damn 80 degrees here.......

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts