Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Mamitamaria
do away with marriage
January 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I think that the solution to the whole gay marriage issue would be to just do away with marriage completely.

Why should the government have any role in it?

If someone wants a priest/rabbi/swami whatever bless their union fine...that is a religious matter. Keep the government out of it.

Just require paternity test on all newborns to establish child support and couples can stay together or seperate as they see fit (which is pretty much how it is now anyway).

Allow anyone to name whomever they wish as "family" for purposes of inheritance, hospital visits, etc.

Make life so much easier.

Replies

• MrsDavidB25
    January 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Oh great! More rules for us to follow from the govt!

• wkukid
    by wkukid
    January 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Or they could just let anyone who wants to get married as two consenting adults do so.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    Idk. I feel like that would complicate a lot of scenarios.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    AGREE!! I've always felt the government has no place in the unity of marriage....finally someone feels the same!
  • fullxbusymom
    January 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM

NOT on your life.  Marriage is so very important at least to me and my family.

• Kaelaasmom
    January 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Not everybody wants to be married in a church, but they want to be married. It would make more sense for marriage to be open to all consenting adults.

• Hayleysmom88
    January 25, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    Ehh. I see your point but I like the idea of being married to dh. I like that other people look at us and know that we dated got married and then had children. A lot of people don't do that in that order anymore for whatever reason and there is something kind of sad about that too me. Not judging anyone else's lifestyle, its just something I personally cherish.
  • Mamitamaria

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Oh great! More rules for us to follow from the govt!

no...far fewer... the rules now about marriage and taxes and inheritance and paternity and divorce etc. are so complex.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    Marriage isn't religeous to begin with. Christains stole that too.
  • bcoll
    by bcoll
    January 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM

That's not a sloution in my opinion.

I will never undrstand the "nobody wants to be left out so nobody should have anything" mentality.

*For the record I have no problem with gay marriage* This  is strictly an opinion on the overall idea of doing away with marriage.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts