Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I can't freaking believe this.....!!!!!
by Anonymous
January 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM

We have $15,000 in the bank right now!!! This is a first! And we have a $8,000 tax return to look forward to as well! Yay!! SO happy!!!! :)

Replies

• mamatocaleb
    January 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM

It's really not that hard ot get 8k back Mrtgage credits, interest, children, school debts etc etc. It adds up the deductions you can have, and if you make less than 90,000 combined a year and have at least 3 kids you can easily walk away with that!

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Lol... I don't think the 8k tax return comes from working hard, planning and budgeting...

Quoting Anonymous:

not lucky..thats what happens when you work hard, plan and budget! This money did not come easy and it took us a LONG time to get where we are.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lucky. I have like $.50 in my bank account.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Are you implying that dh and I haven't worked hard for the money we've saved and some how just lucked into it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Its true.

Quoting Anonymous:

ok then....

Quoting Anonymous:

There's a pretty fine line between luck and determination.

Quoting Anonymous:

not lucky..thats what happens when you work hard, plan and budget! This money did not come easy and it took us a LONG time to get where we are.

Quoting Anonymous:

• HotMomma2622
    January 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    I feel your pain.

Quoting Anonymous:

• JDmommyJD
    January 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    Lol, "its NOT hard to get...."

Im not saying they are moochers or anything.. Just saying your refund has nothing to do with hard work.

Quoting mamatocaleb:

It's really not that hard ot get 8k back Mrtgage credits, interest, children, school debts etc etc. It adds up the deductions you can have, and if you make less than 90,000 combined a year and have at least 3 kids you can easily walk away with that!

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Lol... I don't think the 8k tax return comes from working hard, planning and budgeting...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    January 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM

What do you think it comes from then?

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• mamatocaleb
    January 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    Quoting JDmommyJD:

Im not saying they are moochers or anything.. Just saying your refund has nothing to do with hard work.

Quoting mamatocaleb:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I'm an ass for reading that wrong :( Sorry.

• Anonymous
    January 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM

That's exactly what we did. Young and dumb and no one around to tell us any different! Hey, atleast you realize it now and are doing what you have to to get them paid off. I have friends that have a ridiculous amount of debt and no interest in trying to pay it off. I guess they think it will just go away? It'll be a different story when they want to buy a house or anything else significant and their credit score is a 2 lol

It's a long hard road but keep your eye on the prize and you will get there!

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't wait to be where you are! Congrats on picking yourself up and getting to this place :). The Mr. and I have a long ways to go to get there, but we will get there. We were young and stupid and took on debt we didn't realize how much of a bother it would be later, but now we know and are paying it off- one bill at a time :)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    Are you implying my financial status is due to not saving or trying, or budgeting?

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you implying that dh and I haven't worked hard for the money we've saved and some how just lucked into it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Its true.

Quoting Anonymous:

ok then....

Quoting Anonymous:

There's a pretty fine line between luck and determination.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• KedrynsMommie
    January 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    $10? I was going to ask for $500.. maybe a grand lol

Quoting beerabitch69:

can I borrow 10 bucks?

• Anonymous
    January 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM

It does in a the since that he has worked his ass off to get into the position he is in at work. If he didn't, we wouldn't be getting nearly that amount back.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Quoting mamatocaleb:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts