Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
momsince04
I'm getting induced tomorrow!!! *UPDATE* PICS
January 25, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Tomorrow at 7 am I'm getting induced. I never was induced w my other 2, and I'm scared shitless.

I am bein induced because I have some problems that can not be resolved while pregnant. I need different tests and need to see a neurologists a 1 week after the baby. I got some bad news yesterday, so best option is to be induced. Today is my due date so he will be full term.

Ok no more advice, I need good vibes and all I'm getting is negative feed back. I'm scared as it is. So if you aren't going to be positive stay of this thread!!!!!

*Update* I'm in the hospital and was at a 5 when I arrived. I'm doing great :) Thanx Girls for all the good wishes.
Bashers!!!! I had a old fashion vaginal delivery, I was in labor for about 4 hours and pushed 3 minutes. He is a healthy 7lbs 9oz 20 inches.

Replies

• jcm28
    by jcm28
    January 25, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    Good luck.
  • Diva-Mami
    I was induced with my last. It can take awhile to trick your body to start labor. Good luck hun. Try your best to stay calm
  • angel_peanut
    I've had 2 inductions .....my 2nd and 4th babies were induced. With my daughter I was 37 weeks they induced at 6a.m she was here at 930a.m I did get the epidural with her. My last baby I was induced on my due date they induced at 930a.m and she was here by 245p.m I toughed it out with no pain meds!! All went well with both ....I was so scared with my last one I broke down the morning of and begged my DH not to make me go lol. But everything went great with both of my inductions your body is already getting ready and this is not your 1st child so you have both of those things going for you! Your gonna do great just relax and focus on your end result. I know TONS of people who have had inductions with no c section so don't get that fear stuck in your head! Good luck your going to do great!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM

You will be ok Momma.   I had to be induced with all three of mine because of health issues.   All my babies were healthy and happy.    I dont think the pitocin made my contractions any worse but I dont realy know what those feel like without pitocin.   The only thing I would suggest is not letting them break your water right off.   Are you dialated at all yet?  

• mayasmama11
    January 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    I have only had one child. I had her pain med free, vaginally so that's my only experience. They broke my water about 7pm after having been in labor for 9 hours and not going anywhere. After that they waited til around 4am and put me on pitocin. 4.5 hours later (8:47am to be exact! :D) my baby girl was born weighing 7lbs 1.4 oz. Because they had to break my water and use pitocin I think technically I was induced. Women have been having babies for centuries. You will be fine!!
  • gcstar42
    January 25, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Good luck mama! I was induced with my first and it didn't really feel much different than it did with my other two kids. It sounds like you are doing what you feel is best in your situation, so just ignore all the people being negative about you being induced. Nobody here knows what all you are going through, so nobody has a right to judge you. Whatever it is though I hope it all turns out okay for both you and your precious baby!

• zomgkerrie

i wish you a lot of luck! bring some music you like. For my first I watched the whole first season of The Office lol. Gave me something to focus on :) i did have an epidural though so that helped. I would bring your own pillow that you are comfortable on. The hospital pillows suck, and you want to be nice and comfy, especially when you feel like you are going to be a little nervous. HUGS! <3

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Not every doctor feels that way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Being induced is a big deal because it can lead to serious complications and even death of the baby!  Doctors don't suggest inductions because they care about your health they suggest them because it's easier for them!

Quoting JenieceMojica:

I don't understand why people made such a big deal about being induced. Mama you are going to do great! If your doctors feel this is the right move then go for it. I have been induced and everything went great

Quoting momsince04:

My chances of c-section are the same If I were to go into labor on my own. He is full term, my due date is today. Im dilating already and my cervix is ready.

Please I need to hear good advise, not scare me more. I've never gone thru this.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I was induced at 17 years old with my first child a few days before my due date. Everything went great it took 8 hours from the time they started the meds until my son was born. I got the epi before ever even having a contraction I could feel (when they broke my water I sat up and felt the baby pushing down and got scared so I immediately got it right after the pitocin. I also went to the hospital already 4cm) I pushed not even an hour and had my beautiful baby. The only problem I had was I refused them wanting to cut me so I tore pretty bad. So don't worry it will be fine but I would suggest thinking about the epi 

• JenB1983
    January 25, 2013 at 9:39 AM
    Hey, rocket scientist......it says right in the OP that she has health issues that can't be resolved while pregnant. So yes, it IS being done for her health.

Quoting Anonymous:

Being induced is a big deal because it can lead to serious complications and even death of the baby!  Doctors don't suggest inductions because they care about your health they suggest them because it's easier for them!

Quoting JenieceMojica:

I don't understand why people made such a big deal about being induced. Mama you are going to do great! If your doctors feel this is the right move then go for it. I have been induced and everything went great

Quoting momsince04:

My chances of c-section are the same If I were to go into labor on my own. He is full term, my due date is today. Im dilating already and my cervix is ready.

Please I need to hear good advise, not scare me more. I've never gone thru this.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts