Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
reaandiziesmama
Do you ask to go out
January 25, 2013 at 12:14 AM

SO is out of town for work. Won't be back for at least a week. My neighbor wants me to go out with her Saturday to a dj/karaoke party in a town 30 minutes away. She is willing to pay her 18 year old niece to stay with my kids, buy my drinks, and get the hotel room.

So I asked SO if I could go. He said " why are you asking, you are grown, kids are taking care of, go". I just feel it would be disrespectful of me to go without making sure he was OK with it.

Would you ask in this situation, or just go?

Replies

• Not_A_Native
    January 25, 2013 at 12:15 AM

No, I wouldn't ask.  As he said, kids are taken care of, what's the problem?  I'm an adult - I don't NEED to ask.

• MrsDavidB25
    January 25, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I don't ask but I would mention it first and see his reaction to me going out before I make up my mind.

• Jessica_Esqueda
    January 25, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Dude, I ask to go to the store... LOL

• RLT2
    by RLT2
    January 25, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I wouldn't ask, I would inform him and discuss it with him.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 25, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I do ask my husband if we have anything going on. If not, I go 

• mcwife86
    January 25, 2013 at 12:17 AM

id ask too. id want to make sure he was comfortable with me going out. i wouldn't just go without running it by him.

• TranquilMind
    January 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I don't "ask", but I certainly mention it to make sure we have no conflicts. 

• ihave1
    by ihave1

cant stand when people do that,  just go.  As long has the kid/s are taken care of

• calvinsmommy18

um, I dont necessarily ask, but I plan ahead and make sure to tell dh details. its just courtesy.

• anon1986East

I never ask but I do inform my husband of things I intend to do, mostly so he just knows where I am.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts