Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I know its not rational but... ETA
by Anonymous
January 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Okay, I'll try to keep it short.  Dh works in a resturant.  I found a girls bracelet in his pants pocket.  He's a manager and he says that while at work, she's a cook, and he reminded her no bracelets w. charms - but she had on gloves so she asked him to take it off. he did and put it in his pocket to give it back to her before she left, but he forgot.  I didn't give it back to him.  I was going to take it and pawn it.  I hid it for a while then put it in the change pocket of my wallet so I wouldn't forget next time I was out, but I did.  Then I got a new purse and left my wallet in the old one.  Then I lost the old one.  I knew it was somewhere in the house so I didn't really worry about it.  I just found it tonight and the bracelet is gone.  I'm sure he found it and gave it back to her.  I'm super pissed.  I know I sound stupid, this is just how I feel, I'm just at my wits end.  ugh.

So when dh got home last night we talked about all of this.  He admitted that he had found the bracelet but that he hadn't given it back to her, and he gave it back to me.  Due to some of the ladies advice on here I told him to give it back to her.  I still don't feel good about the whole thing and I love how some of you are coming off (need to post anon more often, get to see new sides to people)  I want to thank the few that were able to keep it kind, and not be ugly/hateful/completely unproductive.  I'm sure the rest of you have never done anything wrong or stupid, never overreacted or acted outta pocket for any reasons.

Replies

• Diamepphyre
    January 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM

SMH.  How would you have felt if the tables were turned?  It wasn't yours.  Returning it to the rightful owner was the right thing to do.  She obviously knew your DH had it, so if he didn't return it to her she could have reported it to the police as a theft, and you *and* your DH could have ended up with records. 

• littlesippycup
    January 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM

LOL!!

Quoting -_-:

There there, lil crazy.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Then it's not irrational for you to feel this way, but it's irrational as hell to feel this way willingly! Why are you still with him?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

So instead of being upfront and honest to your husband about your insecurities, you pretty much don't care about being a passive aggressive bitch? Do you happen to always act this miserable?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You are a bitch. That would be stealing.

why'd you post anon?  yea, I can be a bitch, but I'm not one in general.  I'm not perfect by far and don't claim to be.  I think they we're messing around and thats how he got her bracelet.  I'm not saying I was right, obviously its not something I feel really good about, but I really don't feel terribly bad either if thats how he got it.

dh already knows about my insecurities due to his exploits - and I did tell him I had the bracelet.   No, I haven't always been this miserable, it took a good couple of years of his various cheating/lying/hurting to get me there.

Because at this point, I'm not ready to end my marriage and get a divorce.  If it can be salvaged, then thats what I want.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Quoting Diamepphyre:

SMH.  How would you have felt if the tables were turned?  It wasn't yours.  Returning it to the rightful owner was the right thing to do.  She obviously knew your DH had it, so if he didn't return it to her she could have reported it to the police as a theft, and you *and* your DH could have ended up with records. 

My answer depends on whether his story were true.  If it was, and it was my bracelet,. no doubt I'd be upset.  If he lied and he ended up with the bracelet bc they were messing around, yeah that'd suck but its just treats, imo, that I would lose my bracelet by messing around with a married man.  Either way - as much as it bothered me (rational or not), I gave him the bracelet back to give to her today.

Mom Confessions