Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
babyboy117
Just found out my son has Hydrocele
January 24, 2013 at 11:11 PM
One side of his testicles swells up then goes back down , then repeat. I noticed it about 3 days ago. His Dr. Thinks a hernia is developing. She wants him to go to Children's hospital next week. I hope it's NOT a hernia causing it. But, I guess we shall see. She is saying nothing can be done about it until I see a buldge. Then he can get surgery. She sounds sure that it's a hernia causing it. Anyone ever dealt with this?any info would be great!

Replies

• babyboy117
    January 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    Oh, he is 2 years old btw.
  • audreesmama
    January 24, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I have not, but I'll bump for those with more experience. I've actually never heard of it. Sorry, mama!

• squeekers
    January 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM

our dd's belly button almost had a hernia behind it at birth, or something like that my ob/gyn told me. it gave her an outtie for years, and finally it left and now she has an innie.

*Edit to Clove: I asked my dd if we could figure out approx when her belly button went in, and she thinks she remembers it's about beginning of elementary school.

• skittlefart
    January 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Never heard of this before, but good luck :( 

• kate80
    by kate80
    January 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    A hernia is actually a simple cause and procedure. I would prefer that to other things. He will be fine, have a tiny scar, and his balls will stay one size. ;)
  • Clove09
    by Clove09
    January 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    My dd has that too! She's 3 1/2 now and it's still there. How long did it take for her innie to show up? The pedi is talking surgery at 4 to correct it if its still there:(

Quoting squeekers:

our dd's belly button almost had a hernia behind it at birth, or something like that my ob/gyn told me. it gave her an outtie for years, and finally it left and now she has an innie.

• horseap
    by horseap
    January 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM

No, =(  Thought DS HAD a hernia but his dr said it was his lymph nodes.  Im not sure I just want it to go down already.  It hurts him so...  his privates are covered but the swelling is from his right side(the lefts side in the pic)  to at least the middle of his groin and its hard.  Hes on antibiotics for it but today he said that hes not feeling well.  Good luck 

• wrensong
    January 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I haven't heard of it. Sending positive energy and giving you a bump

• babyboy117
    January 24, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    I just don't want him to need emergency surgery for it. But here's why, right now he is sick with a double ear infection. I just found out he is anemic. They tried to get his blood today but he was moving too much so we don't know if his foluc acid is low, or his iron or both. He also has a hole in his heart. Ughh I am probaly alittle over worried... Idk

Quoting kate80:

A hernia is actually a simple cause and procedure. I would prefer that to other things. He will be fine, have a tiny scar, and his balls will stay one size. ;)
  • babyboy117
    January 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    Oh no! Did he have an ultra sound to be sure it's not a hernia? If it is his,lymph node, did they do blood work? I would think they would for a lymph node that large. I hope he feels better soon! Oh and is his scrotum,swollen?

Quoting horseap:

No, =(  Thought DS HAD a hernia but his dr said it was his lymph nodes.  Im not sure I just want it to go down already.  It hurts him so...  his privates are covered but the swelling is from his right side(the lefts side in the pic)  to at least the middle of his groin and its hard.  Hes on antibiotics for it but today he said that hes not feeling well.  Good luck 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN