Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
honeyrder
Look what I did today!
January 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Just attention whorin'...

Anyone else donate to Locks of Love? Have pictures?

Replies

• TeamTARDIS
    January 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Yeah I have the length, I would give it, but I put in blond highlights and they won't accept it.
    I am a Doctor fan! lol 

Quoting honeyrder:

Too easy! Ten inches isn't as much as many think. You have it! You are very cute, btw. And a DW fan too?

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

My hair is so straight! It is long enough to donate, but I put in highlights after I had my ds so I would have wait until it grows out.

Quoting honeyrder:

They offered to straighten it for me after I got it cut, but I'm used to curls. I think I'd be in the mirror all night if I'd done it instead of talking to folks about it. Trippin'. lol

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

Wow good job! I am jealous of your curly hair!

• honeyrder
    January 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Pretty, smart and cool! You're a winner, kiddo!

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

Yeah I have the length, I would give it, but I put in blond highlights and they won't accept it.
    I am a Doctor fan! lol 

Quoting honeyrder:

Too easy! Ten inches isn't as much as many think. You have it! You are very cute, btw. And a DW fan too?

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

My hair is so straight! It is long enough to donate, but I put in highlights after I had my ds so I would have wait until it grows out.

Quoting honeyrder:

They offered to straighten it for me after I got it cut, but I'm used to curls. I think I'd be in the mirror all night if I'd done it instead of talking to folks about it. Trippin'. lol

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

• TeamTARDIS
    January 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Lol. I like to say my dh got lucky! lol

Quoting honeyrder:

Pretty, smart and cool! You're a winner, kiddo!

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

I am a Doctor fan! lol 

Quoting honeyrder:

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

Quoting honeyrder:

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

• marinenonstop
    January 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM
    I know it can. Unfortunately i wasnt keeping up with getting my trims and next thing i knew my hair was super long...but its just some home conditioning nothing store bought , so what's the harm in making it all usable? You know?

Quoting honeyrder:

Great! The 10 inch minimum allows for some damage, though.

Quoting marinenonstop:

Getting mine cut next month and im donating it. Its down to my waist right now. I'm doing some home deep conditioning treatments to repair the bottom so they can use most of it. Right now it looks awesome..way less damage then before.

• honeyrder
    January 25, 2013 at 12:01 AM

None!

Quoting marinenonstop:

I know it can. Unfortunately i wasnt keeping up with getting my trims and next thing i knew my hair was super long...but its just some home conditioning nothing store bought , so what's the harm in making it all usable? You know?

Quoting honeyrder:

Great! The 10 inch minimum allows for some damage, though.

Quoting marinenonstop:

Getting mine cut next month and im donating it. Its down to my waist right now. I'm doing some home deep conditioning treatments to repair the bottom so they can use most of it. Right now it looks awesome..way less damage then before.

• ArianEponae
    January 25, 2013 at 12:12 AM
    None on my phone :-( we both have thick wavy brown hair with auburn highlights. His is prettier...

Quoting honeyrder:

Oh, yes. I can totally see it now.

But pics would be great if you have any!

Quoting ArianEponae:

Is there such a thing as a redneck hippie? He's just a big teddy bear :-)

Quoting honeyrder:

One of my coworkers said that it required a lot of dedication for her to do it one time and she won't again. I actually get stressed out in salons, so it is easy to let my hair grow. I'm not noticing the lack of weight this time. 

Cool about your dad! Is he a hippie? A biker?

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't stand my hair getting that long, as its heavy and causes headaches :-( but my dad donates

• honeyrder
    January 25, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Okay, cool.

Quoting ArianEponae:

None on my phone :-( we both have thick wavy brown hair with auburn highlights. His is prettier...

Quoting honeyrder:

Oh, yes. I can totally see it now.

But pics would be great if you have any!

Quoting ArianEponae:

Is there such a thing as a redneck hippie? He's just a big teddy bear :-)

Quoting honeyrder:

One of my coworkers said that it required a lot of dedication for her to do it one time and she won't again. I actually get stressed out in salons, so it is easy to let my hair grow. I'm not noticing the lack of weight this time. 

Cool about your dad! Is he a hippie? A biker?

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't stand my hair getting that long, as its heavy and causes headaches :-( but my dad donates

• bluerose26
    January 25, 2013 at 8:19 PM

This is what my hair looks like now, I took this about a week ago

Quoting honeyrder:

The last two donations that I have made have been at a college that teaches cosmetology. The instructor actually did it this time as a demonstration for her students. The last time it was a student. 

One of the things that the instructor told her students was that hair grows about 1/2 an inch each month, so your hair has grown approximately 9 inches since your last cut!

Quoting bluerose26:

I want to cut my hair next time and donate it to LOL. I've been growing it back out for 18 months. I have no idea if I have the minimum 10in though. Ive never dyed my hair either. I have to find a salon that donates to LOL though.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts