Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Life insurance
by Anonymous
January 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM
How many of you have it?
I decided as soon as my first child was born, we needed life insurance. Both of us have 2 policies each one that we pay on and the other is through our jobs.
I know a lot of my friends who don't find this important, but I did with having children.
Our next step is getting a will in place and to set up our funeral arraignments. I don't want to bother my children with planning my funeral or having them paying for it. I want everything set up so when the time comes it is one less burden they have to deal with.

Replies

• LiesLiesLies
    January 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    I do even though I don't need it. It's just a good investment.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM

sadly i'm worth more dead then alive right now lol. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 24, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    While I want to think I don't need it, I want it for my children. I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. I just want to be prepared. One of my friends mil just passed and had nothing in place. The kids don't even have the funds for a funeral and have been asking everyone they know for donations. I don't want it to be like that for my kids.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

• Mamabear010
    My father died when I was 9. We have our life insurance maxed out.
  • LiesLiesLies
    Oh and I have a will, living will and power of attorney. I'm very prepared for my demise lol!
  • LiesLiesLies
    January 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    Oh I absolutely think it is a necessity for most people. I just don't need it. But it's a good investment.

Quoting Anonymous:

While I want to think I don't need it, I want it for my children. I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. I just want to be prepared. One of my friends mil just passed and had nothing in place. The kids don't even have the funds for a funeral and have been asking everyone they know for donations. I don't want it to be like that for my kids.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

• Anonymous 1
    Me too! My dh and myself always joke about that! It's a sad fact to realize!

Quoting Anonymous:

sadly i'm worth more dead then alive right now lol. 

• countrygirlkat

After we got married we each got a small policy.  When we got pregnant with our oldest son we added much larget policies.  DH also has a policy through his work but I don't know much about it because they pay for it.  As for the will and such we are hoping to do one this spring.  We do have a written and signed thing saying where the kids would go if both of us passed away but I would much rather have the whole will and make it all done right. 

• gblossom
    January 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM

My husband both have a life insurance policy and our next step as well is setting up our wills! I never want to think about my daughter/husband going without or having more of a burden on them if I were to pass! Good thinking mama!

• Anonymous 1
    January 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    So sorry, that had to be rough.

Quoting Mamabear010:

My father died when I was 9. We have our life insurance maxed out.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN