Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Life insurance
by Anonymous
January 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM
How many of you have it?
I decided as soon as my first child was born, we needed life insurance. Both of us have 2 policies each one that we pay on and the other is through our jobs.
I know a lot of my friends who don't find this important, but I did with having children.
Our next step is getting a will in place and to set up our funeral arraignments. I don't want to bother my children with planning my funeral or having them paying for it. I want everything set up so when the time comes it is one less burden they have to deal with.

Replies

• LiesLiesLies
    January 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    I do even though I don't need it. It's just a good investment.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM

sadly i'm worth more dead then alive right now lol. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 24, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    While I want to think I don't need it, I want it for my children. I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. I just want to be prepared. One of my friends mil just passed and had nothing in place. The kids don't even have the funds for a funeral and have been asking everyone they know for donations. I don't want it to be like that for my kids.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

• Mamabear010
    My father died when I was 9. We have our life insurance maxed out.
  • LiesLiesLies
    Oh and I have a will, living will and power of attorney. I'm very prepared for my demise lol!
  • LiesLiesLies
    January 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    Oh I absolutely think it is a necessity for most people. I just don't need it. But it's a good investment.

Quoting Anonymous:

While I want to think I don't need it, I want it for my children. I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. I just want to be prepared. One of my friends mil just passed and had nothing in place. The kids don't even have the funds for a funeral and have been asking everyone they know for donations. I don't want it to be like that for my kids.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

• Anonymous
    Me too! My dh and myself always joke about that! It's a sad fact to realize!

Quoting Anonymous:

sadly i'm worth more dead then alive right now lol. 

• countrygirlkat

After we got married we each got a small policy.  When we got pregnant with our oldest son we added much larget policies.  DH also has a policy through his work but I don't know much about it because they pay for it.  As for the will and such we are hoping to do one this spring.  We do have a written and signed thing saying where the kids would go if both of us passed away but I would much rather have the whole will and make it all done right. 

• gblossom
    January 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM

My husband both have a life insurance policy and our next step as well is setting up our wills! I never want to think about my daughter/husband going without or having more of a burden on them if I were to pass! Good thinking mama!

• Anonymous
    January 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    So sorry, that had to be rough.

Quoting Mamabear010:

My father died when I was 9. We have our life insurance maxed out.

Mom Confessions