Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Does anyone use a flip-flop for spanking? *NOT A SPANKING DEBATE*
by Anonymous
January 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I'm an older mom and my arthritis is getting to the point that I cannot spank.  My DD tried to turn the stove on again today while I BF my  youngest.  I've never spanked with an object at this point, but I've heard that a flip-flop is the gentlest choice and does not leave marks.

Please don't turn this into a debate.  This post is for parents who spank only.  If you do not spank please move along.  Please ignore replies made by people trying to turn this into a debate.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I've never used one.

I've had one used on me and it stung like hell. I preferred the spanking stick.

ETA: I don't spank but was spanked growing up.

• Linzeekp
    January 24, 2013 at 4:01 PM
    You're looking for advice on objects in which to hit your child.... I have nothing constructive to say.
  • dawnjohnson5
    January 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    I have and probably will again.
  • kate80
    by kate80
    January 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    No. According to cps using any object other than the palm of your hand is classified as abuse. Unfortunate about the arthritis. Any other alternatives? Could dh do it?
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

Per CPS in my state, you do not hit with an object.  I had CPS called on me when I fired my babysitter.  She called CPS and the kids school.  I did nothing but fire her for not doing her job.  They questioned my children, how I discipline, etc.  They asked me how I disciplined, if I spanked etc. and was told not to hit with an object.  Which I hadn't.  So.......I advise you not to use anything.

• beerabitch69

eh just get a 2X4

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4

Nope, never used an object. But my parents would spank us with whatever was close...shoe, fly swatter, whatever they could find. LOL. My kids are 10 and 8 now, so I don't spank them anymore. How old is your DD?

• firemouse23

I was a spanking mom...I would never ever use an object to spank with.  If you can no longer spank I suggest a different form of discipline or a gate so that your LO can't get to the stove.

• ForeverInLove
    January 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    No. I can't use am object.

Can you find a way to involve her while nursing? Or, have a special toy for just while you are nursing? I know it's hard.
  • BraydensMama163
    January 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    No lol. I use my hand if I spank but I have swatted their butts with a wooden spoon.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts