Mom Confessions

Anonymous
so embarassing, but i need advice! (vaginal health)
by Anonymous
January 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I have BV, ive had it sevral times in my life so i know that its forsure it, but i cant afford to go to the doctor. I've been looking up natural remedies to get rid of it (and most importantly the smell!) Its so embarassing im afraid to go in public because someone else might smell me and think im dirty! I've seen everything from douching diffrent things, like perioxide. or sticking yougurt on a tampon and inserting it. Or even inserting a clove of garlic.... I'm just not comfortable putting food "up there" and peroxide just sounds painful.... Only thing i found that id be willing to do is tea tree oil on a pad, and eating the yougurt. Has anyone tried this? Or have you tried something else that works well? 

I know its a natural thing for women to get, but i cant help but feel so gross. I cant stand the smell of myself, im so afraid other people can smell it too! My husband of coarse wont tell me the truth knowing im going to be even more worried if he says it is that bad. Someone help!

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002Y4MVIY
  • jteffs
    by jteffs
    January 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM
    What on earth does BV stand for?????
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM
    I put it on everywhere, including labia, after every shower. I also use it as lube when need be.

Quoting Anonymous:

How often do you put coconut oil on your labia? Is it daily?

Quoting Anonymous:

I use coconut oil on my entire body, including down there, its almost magical what it does to your skin.

Garlic burns, peroxide is ok, I use it on the labia, I don't douche with it though, it bubbles and feels wired but it works. Yogurt only helps if you eat A LOT of it. Putting plain yogurt on a tampon also works, but don't leave it on too long and make sure to wash yourself right after. Vinegar works if you put it directly on but its horribly painful, same with alcohol. It kills the bacteria immediately but it really sucks for a minute or two. I do it when the infection is really bothering me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Since BV is a bacterial infection, wouldn't eating Activia probiotic yogurt, and taking probiotics help you? 

Also, a bath with Apple cider vinegar may help since it is an odor neutralizer. Don't worry. It's safe. 

Also look in to coconut oil. It is a natural antibiotic, and you may can rub some in there. It would just feel like a lubricant, basically. If you do use the 100% extra virgin kind.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM
    You need antibiotics to get rid of it successfully. Maybe you could use home remedies for a yeast infection but BV is a imbalance of bacteria you need medication to set straight.
  • JNLmomme09
    January 24, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    Please don't stick anything up there. Not food or peroxide
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 24, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    Bacteria vaginosis.

Quoting jteffs:

What on earth does BV stand for?????
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Quoting JNLmomme09:

i know, I cant bring myself to even consider any of it lol. The only things that should go in there are tampons and my husband! Ive had one yeast infection and i couldnt even handle that, the medicine made me gag i just couldnt imagine trying to put food in there!!!

• bec94
    by bec94
    January 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM
    Have you tried talking to your dr office? They may give you a break. Never hurts to ask.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know, But i'm already up to my waist in medical bills. I cant afford a ridiculous bill just for a pap. i'd rather try at home remedies first before i resort to that.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

I read.

And an er cant deny you treatment

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Just go to the doctors.

Moron.

Well, before you call people names, maybe you should read the other comments. I had already explained why i can't go to the doctor.

Moron.

• JNLmomme09
    January 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM
    You need antibiotics or something OTC

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JNLmomme09:

i know, I cant bring myself to even consider any of it lol. The only things that should go in there are tampons and my husband! Ive had one yeast infection and i couldnt even handle that, the medicine made me gag i just couldnt imagine trying to put food in there!!!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 25, 2013 at 9:57 AM

i know they have a sliding fee scale, i could ask to see how much that'd be, or in the town over there is a clinic thats pretty cheap. it'd still be another two weeks before i can go though for me to get the money. Unless i can get my ex husband to give me the money but im not asking unless i absolutly have to... alot of times it clears up on its own, so im going to try some of the home remedies over the weekend since i couldnt go to the doc until monday anyways and just hope they help, but if not ill go in. Its already gotten a little better, and all ive done so far is started using my daughters baby soap to shower,and switched to cotton underwear.

Quoting bec94:

Have you tried talking to your dr office? They may give you a break. Never hurts to ask.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know, But i'm already up to my waist in medical bills. I cant afford a ridiculous bill just for a pap. i'd rather try at home remedies first before i resort to that.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

I read.

And an er cant deny you treatment

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Just go to the doctors.

Moron.

Well, before you call people names, maybe you should read the other comments. I had already explained why i can't go to the doctor.

Moron.

Mom Confessions