Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I Wish People Would Leave Me Alone About My Weight!
by Anonymous
January 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Seriously. I am not morbidly obese or anything. I might be *Obese* by medical standards but I am not THAT overweight.

I am 5 ft 3 and I weigh 173lbs. That is about 30-35ish pounds overweight. It's not as if I am 300lbs.

Yet my family seems to think I am! They keep telling me to lose weight, women are not supposed to look this way, blah blah blah.

IDGAF what they think. I don't have a boyfriend. I am not interested in dating right now. I have no one to look good for. Why the fuck would I care?

When I CHOOSE to lose the weight, when I WANT to, I will. I have done it before. I was this heavy before and I lost the weight all on my own. No exercise, surprisingly. I did it by cutting all fast food out of my diet, all pop and by not eating a big meal for dinner just a couple hours before I went to bed.

I can do it again and I have no doubt I can do it again. I just don't WANT to right now. That is my business if I don't want to. Not anyone else's.

And it's not because they are concerned about my health. That is the least of their concerns. It's because they just don't think women should be fat.

Right now, my weight does not adhere me in any way. I have stayed the same weight for 3 years. It does not affect my job performance, daily activities, anything like that.

I just wish they would understand that I will do it on MY time. I will not do it for anyone else. I will do it for ME when I choose to.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM

bump.

• 1CopaceticMama
    January 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    What does your doc say? That's whose opinion should matter. :)
  • SummasMomma
    January 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    Post a pic.
  • lga1965
    by lga1965
    January 24, 2013 at 9:39 AM
    Yes, talk with your Doctor. This is a HEALTH issue.
  • iamcafemom83
    I used to tell myself all that stuff, too. But you're right--only you can decide when you're ready to lose it, or not.
  • wickedfiress
    That would annoy the shit out of me. Have you told them to back off? Be assertive. It will feel great.
  • DrunkSkunk
    January 24, 2013 at 9:40 AM

True, but losing those 30-35 pounds would do more than you think. You'd feel a lot better I'm sure.

• CorpCityGrl

To be qualified as morbidly obese means you have a BMI above a certain level.  So even though you are 30-35 pounds overweight, it may not seem like a lot, but depending on your BMI you may be classified as obese or even morbidly obese.

I get that it's annoying to have your family harp on your weight, but I think they come from a good place and want to see you at your best.  Losing that much weight, then gaining it back and then losing it again is not healthy for your body and places a lot of stress on your heart. 

In all honesty, you can either ignore them or do something about it.

• Fabulous24
    5'3'' and 173lbs isn't healthy at all. So maybe your family is trying to look out for you. They may not be doing it in the right way but honestly you should lose weight. You said you don't have anyone to look good for, but you do have children to be healthy for and you should want that for yourself.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Well to be honest I don't get yearly physicals like I should. I rarely go to the doctor. I get weight at my annual gyno checkup every year but they don't say anything about my weight.

Quoting 1CopaceticMama:

What does your doc say? That's whose opinion should matter. :)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN