Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Women on the front lines?
by Anonymous
January 24, 2013 at 8:52 AM
How do you feel about women being on the front lines in our military? I'm not 100% against it. I do think that there are some jobs they could open up to women in addition to the ones they already offer. The infantry positions I don't really agree with though. What are your thoughts?

I'm only asking because I saw on the news this morning that they're changing the laws to allow women into most of the "female restricted" career choices & I was a little surprised! Lol.

Replies

• wickedfiress
    January 24, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    I don't question the ability of some women to do the job. I question the ability of some men to not become overly protective/possessive of the women and stay focused on their own job, rather than keeping the women safe. Some men cannot accept that a woman does not need him to protect her.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 24, 2013 at 8:58 AM
    I've never thought of it that way but my feelings were somewhat similar.

Quoting wickedfiress:

I don't question the ability of some women to do the job. I question the ability of some men to not become overly protective/possessive of the women and stay focused on their own job, rather than keeping the women safe. Some men cannot accept that a woman does not need him to protect her.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    Why not? Women are capable and shouldn't be punished if men let their hormones control their job.
  • smushy79
    January 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I dont see the problem. If a woman is choosing to be there why not?

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

Why not?  They signed up for it.

• deputygirls28
    As long as they are able do meet the job requirements then sure.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I really think this will change some things that are in place.  PRT standards will have to be the same for men and women. 

• jas_momof2
    January 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM

lol - no they didn't... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not?  They signed up for it.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    Think about bacteria in places they send men. Do you ever think they might not offer some jobs because they risk their health?
  • LuvmyAiden
    January 24, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Absolutely they should be. Women have fought for equality all these years and if they want to serve and put thier lives on the line they should be able to. I have heard many soldiers talk about fighting for the person to your left and right whether they are gay, female whatever. Women are capable, men CAN deal with this and it is a great stride. Makes me proud.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts