Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do you understand what CPS/DCFS and so on are really for??
by Anonymous
January 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I see a lot of people lately freaking out saying they're gonna contact CPS...

Umm..is the child being abused? Neglected? Raped? Around drugs that could cause him/her harm?

I got CPS called on me when my girls were running around my own home in just undies and a tshirt. Also when my child had a bruise from falling off her time out chair, and one other time for my child sneaking outside. I do not believe these to be reasons to call, but what do you think is.....?

Replies

• bi-polarmommy
    January 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM

i had cps called on me cause i let my kids play outside til dusk

in the summer

• momsince04
    January 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM
    Lol, and you are going to ask here?? Almost every mom thinks CPS should be called on every little thing. If the parent can not provide, has the children filthy, can not feed them, the kids are full of bruises, then ok call. Now a days you can't do anything with out someone calling. It's sad, it takes away from real cases
  • thePBandJmom
    January 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM

My sister's neighbor called CPS on her because some guys were carrying a sofa into her house and she told her 2 year old to move out of the way and joked with him about how she should tie him up to keep him out of the way.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM
    Yes I understand what they are for. Sadly though they themselves forgot what their job really is.
  • Fields456
    January 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM
    We had CPS called on us when dh and I were dating because he got into it with the cop across the street te alleged whatever it was supposedly happened was when we were gone all weekend and dd was with her father. We think it was something with his roommate and his little girl and although I don't remember exactly what it was it wasn't CPS worthy.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 24, 2013 at 12:14 AM
    They aren't anything but legal kidnappers.
  • Bauxite-17

People abuse cps...and its unfortunate, because there are children out there that are actually being abused, and cps doesn't do shit for them. I know first hand about that.

• LiesLiesLies
    As someone who cares for foster children I absolutely understand what it's for.
  • ColieO
    by ColieO
    January 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM
    To call if someone does something I don't like. Duh.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM

actually your child getting outside unsupervised is a reason to call. That is neglect and puts that child in a dangerous situation.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts