Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do you understand what CPS/DCFS and so on are really for??
by Anonymous
January 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I see a lot of people lately freaking out saying they're gonna contact CPS...

Umm..is the child being abused? Neglected? Raped? Around drugs that could cause him/her harm?

I got CPS called on me when my girls were running around my own home in just undies and a tshirt. Also when my child had a bruise from falling off her time out chair, and one other time for my child sneaking outside. I do not believe these to be reasons to call, but what do you think is.....?

Replies

• Bethbeth
    January 24, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Someone called CPS on me because my dd had a DIAPER RASH. I couldn't believe it.

• MotherOF5Cuties
    January 24, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    Some people are CPs happy
  • bcoll
    by bcoll
    January 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I'm aware of their purpose, yes.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    January 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM
    They're not all bad. I had a wonderful worker that helped place my nieces here. Their only other option was foster care.
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    January 24, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I agree. I called CPS on my SIL. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, because I truly love her like a sister and we are very close. But the things that she was allowing to go on in her home were just going too far. They showed up once with a bunch of police, told her she couldn't do certain things and had to fix some stuff in her house, showed up one more time and reminded her of everything she wasn't allowed to do anymore, then closed her case. Do you think she continued to not do the things they told her not to do? Of course not, she went right back to her old ways. Nothing changed. It's horrible. It takes a child to get severely hurt or something for them to really do anything. But it's because they are so bogged down with the bullshit calls that it's draining their time and resources.

Quoting Bauxite-17:

People abuse cps...and its unfortunate, because there are children out there that are actually being abused, and cps doesn't do shit for them. I know first hand about that.

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7

My kids doctor office is CPS happy. 

They turned me in because my son was eating alot of regular foods by 8-10 months, and they disagreed and said he should be on baby food. They turned me into early learning who then turned me in to CPS. When the CPS worker showed up, he said it was reported I wasn't feeding my son and he was living in an unsafe environment.  Needless to say, the case ended quicker then it started. 

• opal10161973

Sneaking outside is considered neglect of their safety, so that one is DCF worthy.  Sorry. 

The other two are not.

• sheymann
    January 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I know a woman who's daycare called CPS because her 2 year old had a bruise on her face. She ran into the doorframe got up and moved on as if nothing had happened. Her mother and I watched it happen and giggled a bit at her face. The next day she got a call from CPS saying the daycare had called because her DD had a bruise! She explained what happened and gave them my number. They called me as well. It was crazy. Needless to say she took her kids out of that day care right away.

• Irenesmommy
    January 24, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I feel bad for cps workers, they aren't legal kidnappers, they have a job to do, I have to giggle when I see people saying that cps workers are out to get them. They don't realize that they are case number 500 in a stack of 1000 cases. Do they make mistakes? yes. Are they human and fallible? yes. Are most given a work load that would overwhelm most people? yes. Is the paranoia of people reported super elevated to the point that they actually believe one person with a ton of cases has the actual time to form a real vendetta against someone. no. Not saying it can't happen, I'm just saying it happens a bit too much in the minds of the guilty.

• Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    January 24, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I know a woman who could not walk into her house because of the trash. There are bugs crawling EVERYWHERE. It is NOT a safe environment for children. Their clothes are never clean and they are never bathed. She had CPS come to her house maybe 4 times, HELP her clean, etc and nothing has changed. Her house is still nasty, the kids don't eat, don't get bathed and don't have clean clothes. The 12 year old sister takes care of her 2 & 3year old brothers. Ugh.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. I called CPS on my SIL. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, because I truly love her like a sister and we are very close. But the things that she was allowing to go on in her home were just going too far. They showed up once with a bunch of police, told her she couldn't do certain things and had to fix some stuff in her house, showed up one more time and reminded her of everything she wasn't allowed to do anymore, then closed her case. Do you think she continued to not do the things they told her not to do? Of course not, she went right back to her old ways. Nothing changed. It's horrible. It takes a child to get severely hurt or something for them to really do anything. But it's because they are so bogged down with the bullshit calls that it's draining their time and resources.

Quoting Bauxite-17:

People abuse cps...and its unfortunate, because there are children out there that are actually being abused, and cps doesn't do shit for them. I know first hand about that.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts