Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
tonite's meal: does it make me a bad mom?
by Anonymous
January 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I am feeling guilty about this and thats why I am posting.this is regarding my 16 m old

i picked up my lo from daycare at 4 instead of our usual 3.30 pick up time.he usually has a snack right away or dinner.

well as i was late today, dinner was not ready so he had a snack around 4:20 to 4:30: strawberries, cheerios, a spoon of yoghurt.

then we played for an hour and i realized he was really tired ( he was actually looking tired when i picked him up from daycare) so i gave him a bath and asked him if he wanted his milk and he said yes.he has been very good at responding yes or no to milk.so he has his milk and after a quick teet brushing, he was in bed and fell asleep.so he basically ate a snack.he may wake up to eat and im ok with it.

but what would you have done? would you have tried to see if he wanted dinner food?

by 6:40 he was already asleep

Replies

• Mrs.Kubalabuku
    January 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM

IF he was hungry enough, he'd already be awake and eating.  It happens to all parents sometimes.  Don't fret, but be prepared for him to maybe want a heartier breakfast!  Oatmeal is usually a good bet for me when my kids skip dinner for one reason or the other.

• PinkButterfly66
    January 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Let him sleep.  He'll be fine.  If he wakes up hungry in the middle of the night, give him a snack. But he'll probably sleep thru the night if that is what he usually does.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN