Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
tonite's meal: does it make me a bad mom?
by Anonymous
January 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I am feeling guilty about this and thats why I am posting.this is regarding my 16 m old

i picked up my lo from daycare at 4 instead of our usual 3.30 pick up time.he usually has a snack right away or dinner.

well as i was late today, dinner was not ready so he had a snack around 4:20 to 4:30: strawberries, cheerios, a spoon of yoghurt.

then we played for an hour and i realized he was really tired ( he was actually looking tired when i picked him up from daycare) so i gave him a bath and asked him if he wanted his milk and he said yes.he has been very good at responding yes or no to milk.so he has his milk and after a quick teet brushing, he was in bed and fell asleep.so he basically ate a snack.he may wake up to eat and im ok with it.

but what would you have done? would you have tried to see if he wanted dinner food?

by 6:40 he was already asleep

Replies

• ripemango
    January 23, 2013 at 11:58 PM

1st baby, huh?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

he needs nutrition but not calories

he is a big eater

Quoting skmehlebam:

Just make sure you make him a very big breakfast. He'll need the calories.

• LeahJ
    by LeahJ
    His ped isn't his parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

i like that thought but he have a really strict pedi who does not like that

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I dont worry about "dinner food or lunch or even breakfast food" I only care if its healthy and balanced. My DD lives turkey sandwiches and raw veges for breakfast and eggs and bacon for dinner. I look at the overall food and do not sweat one meal

• Anonymous
    January 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM

first baby at 40..too many fears

too many questions

Quoting ripemango:

1st baby, huh?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM

If he was still hungry he wouldn't have fallen asleep so I think it's fine.

• LeahJ
    by LeahJ
    January 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
    Lol. I know, right? I'm on my third and now its like, oh crap.....I really DID forget to feed them!

Quoting ripemango:

1st baby, huh?

• phantomphan
    Multiple times a day. It's ridiculous.

Quoting Anariama:

We have to feed kids?

• camsmami
    Chunk them some morsel and water. Their like plants.

Quoting Anariama:

We have to feed kids?

• Anonymous
    January 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM

yes I know
    I am abput to switch as every time we go, this dr starts lecturing on diet, schedule etc which are not related to the issue i am taking my son to the dr.he sleeps well, his schedule or our schedule seem to be working and by the time the dr addresses the issue we have, i am tired of chasing a toddler and i dont have the enrgy to ask the questions i need to ask

Quoting LeahJ:

His ped isn't his parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

i like that thought but he have a really strict pedi who does not like that

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I dont worry about "dinner food or lunch or even breakfast food" I only care if its healthy and balanced. My DD lives turkey sandwiches and raw veges for breakfast and eggs and bacon for dinner. I look at the overall food and do not sweat one meal

• skmehlebam
    January 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Huh? We all need calories. You're asking a stupid question, yet when I give you the answer, you act like a know it all? Why ask, if you think you already know?

Quoting Anonymous:

he needs nutrition but not calories

he is a big eater

Quoting skmehlebam:

Just make sure you make him a very big breakfast. He'll need the calories.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts