Mom Confessions

Anonymous
tonite's meal: does it make me a bad mom?
by Anonymous
January 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I am feeling guilty about this and thats why I am posting.this is regarding my 16 m old

i picked up my lo from daycare at 4 instead of our usual 3.30 pick up time.he usually has a snack right away or dinner.

well as i was late today, dinner was not ready so he had a snack around 4:20 to 4:30: strawberries, cheerios, a spoon of yoghurt.

then we played for an hour and i realized he was really tired ( he was actually looking tired when i picked him up from daycare) so i gave him a bath and asked him if he wanted his milk and he said yes.he has been very good at responding yes or no to milk.so he has his milk and after a quick teet brushing, he was in bed and fell asleep.so he basically ate a snack.he may wake up to eat and im ok with it.

but what would you have done? would you have tried to see if he wanted dinner food?

by 6:40 he was already asleep

Replies

• My-mono-twins
    January 23, 2013 at 11:51 PM

nah, ur good..lol

• 2ltlmonkeyz
    January 23, 2013 at 11:51 PM

nope he ate , if he was hungry he would not have went to sleep

• Fields456
    January 23, 2013 at 11:52 PM
    My 15 month old does that occasionally but even I I woke him up or tried to keep him up to eat dinner would just result in a major fit so I don't even bother I just make him a good breakfast in the am
  • erinsmom1964
    January 23, 2013 at 11:53 PM
    I dont worry about "dinner food or lunch or even breakfast food" I only care if its healthy and balanced. My DD lives turkey sandwiches and raw veges for breakfast and eggs and bacon for dinner. I look at the overall food and do not sweat one meal
  • Anariama

We have to feed kids?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

yes a couple of times we tried to have dinner while he was really tired and it was just a bad idea.that's why i moved his dinner and he has it earlier

Quoting Fields456:

My 15 month old does that occasionally but even I I woke him up or tried to keep him up to eat dinner would just result in a major fit so I don't even bother I just make him a good breakfast in the am

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 23, 2013 at 11:54 PM

i like that thought but he have a really strict pedi who does not like that

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I dont worry about "dinner food or lunch or even breakfast food" I only care if its healthy and balanced. My DD lives turkey sandwiches and raw veges for breakfast and eggs and bacon for dinner. I look at the overall food and do not sweat one meal

• fairyjester
    January 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    if he was that tired h probably wouldn't have eaten any way
  • skmehlebam
    January 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Just make sure you make him a very big breakfast. He'll need the calories.

• LeahJ
    by LeahJ
    January 23, 2013 at 11:58 PM
    Gawd, no. What are you saying? That's totally optional.

Quoting Anariama:

We have to feed kids?

Mom Confessions