Mom Confessions

2ltlmonkeyz
My baby is a lunatic !
January 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Oh my dd is driving me nuts tonight every night we go through this but tonight it is awful , she always gets in a bad mood throws a fit wrecks the living room or her bedroom but tonight takes the cake she threw herself on the ground screaming like a banshee , si i tried to comfort her and i was like lets take a bath oh hell no she wasnt having it she went on screaming andkicking so i said fine Mia no bath she looked at me and giggled , now she is walking around the living room wrecking the place and if i say mia no she goes to screaming so i will just shut up and clean the mess up after she passes out i guess :/

Replies

• chasingrandbaby
    January 23, 2013 at 10:40 PM

thats pretty strong behavior for a young child. I have been around kids for 28 years and there seems to be a bigger issue here. No matter what, she is not in charge of U the adult.

• 2ltlmonkeyz
    January 23, 2013 at 10:43 PM

yeah she only gets like this at night .

Quoting chasingrandbaby:

thats pretty strong behavior for a young child. I have been around kids for 28 years and there seems to be a bigger issue here. No matter what, she is not in charge of U the adult.

• chasingrandbaby
    January 23, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I would strongly encourage you, that is encourage you to curb this behavior NOW or you and her will be miserable forever. She hasnt even reached the testy 2 and terrible 3's yet. Hold her more, read to her more, anything to get her to be calm, brush her hair while sitting on your lap, there is far more things for you to try and I urge u to get to the bottom of it, start with your own stress with it. The bottle is the smaller issue, start with the throwing, screaming my goodness I wish u well......

does she nap well? sleep at night? is someone with her during the day that she is having a problem with?

• KatieKramer94
    January 23, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I don't agree with spanking either. I have a 15 month old DD. If she touches something shes not supposed too, after you already tell her sternly (not yell) NO!, then smack her hand (not hard, just hard enough so he understands that its BAD) then redirect. If shes making messes, you tell her to clean them up. My DD understands when shes in trouble and shes done something bad and so does your DD .. she just knows you wont do anything about it. Isolate her from the "fun" situation for a few minutes, she will eventually get the message. Don't tolerate that kind of behavior, otherwise you will have a very rough 17 years ...

Make sure shes up at a resonable time in the morning, has an afternoon or evening nap, and an early bedtime.get her on a schedule and stick with it!

• lovelove211
    January 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM
    You need to stand your ground otherwise it will only get worse
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    Like others said. She is doing it because she can. If she is in a bed I'd put her back in a crib, say goodnight and walk out
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    Let me offer you this. A 15 month old, although is your baby, is not actually a BABY. Regardless if the pediatrician is fine with a bottle it really is a good time to get rid of it. The longer you let her keep it the harder it will be. Your toddler is doing this because she can not because she doesn't know better. Get up remove her from the situation put her in bed. Keep putting her in bed. If you can't deal with this you have a long road ahead

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

They can't break no glass envolved ! They are the big round ones that sit on a stand ! She likes her bottle she isn't ready to give it up yet her pedi is fine with it . 

Quoting Anonymous:

Simple! Get off your fucking ass and put your foot down! Your having her take a bottle at 15 months? Why? And you obviously are letting her be the boss. Be a parent. That's what you should do. She could hurt herself throwing candles if they break and you just sit on your ass and talk on cafemom about it. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

What would you have me do ? She is a baby i do not spank, she is not throwing candles now she has calmed down. No I am not ignorant are you ?

Quoting Anonymous:

I typically just read and dont respond. But what the fuck?? You are on your ass on cafemom and letting your 15 MONTH OLD throw candles off the coffee table?! Are you that ignorant! Get off your ass and do something!

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

lol i swear she is like the devil at night , she is currently throwing my candles off the coffee table !

Quoting LoveMyLos:

nyquil? benadril? duct tape? rope? 

you need to get that child under control mama!

• Irenesmommy
    January 23, 2013 at 11:31 PM

why do you let her tear apart your house? you don't have to spank the child, you just need to intervene. My dd used to be awful when she was overtired, I'm bigger than her, I would physically take her to her room and place her in bed. She could scream all she wanted she wasn't leaving that bed, read to her, get a coloring book something and if that didn't work so what, she's bound to get tired. I just can't imagine you letting your toddler wreck your house. 

• 2ltlmonkeyz
    January 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM

well we live in a town home , we share walls and i dont want her to drive my neighbor totally batty , thats the thing she does not want to color or whatever she wants to move around to keep her self awake i think.

Quoting Irenesmommy:

why do you let her tear apart your house? you don't have to spank the child, you just need to intervene. My dd used to be awful when she was overtired, I'm bigger than her, I would physically take her to her room and place her in bed. She could scream all she wanted she wasn't leaving that bed, read to her, get a coloring book something and if that didn't work so what, she's bound to get tired. I just can't imagine you letting your toddler wreck your house. 

• Irenesmommy
    January 23, 2013 at 11:39 PM

like I said if she doesn't want to color she should still stay in bed, my dd would move to keep awake, when I had enough of it I placed her in bed and that was that, if it meant staying there until she finally passed out then that's what I did but she wasn't allowed out of that bed, I appreciate that you don't want to annoy your neighbors and all but at this point you are doing more harm than good letting her do what she is doing. She doesn't determine bedtime, you do, like pp's already said, bath, story, bed end of discussion, it may mean you have to be the big bad lady that won't let her get up. When dd was going through this I literally would have to lay with her until she finally gave up and fell asleep. It sucks but after a week of it she got the idea that I wasn't going to let her out of bed. Good luck

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

well we live in a town home , we share walls and i dont want her to drive my neighbor totally batty , thats the thing she does not want to color or whatever she wants to move around to keep her self awake i think.

Quoting Irenesmommy:

Mom Confessions