Mom Confessions

Verrine
Why is my Husband a Jerk?
by Verrine
January 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Usually he's a nice guy.

Here's the situation. We have hundreds of expensive board games ($50 and up) and not enough storage space. So, a lot of similar ones get combined. He says he doesn't understand why a game was put away messily. What probably happened was that when there were guests, it was hard for a group to decide what to play and 2 boxes that are related games were opened and parts pulled out. Now the parts are mixed up. Both boxes have 2 or 3 complete games. So, to prevent this from happening in the future, I say could he please write out a list for the box that says what parts go in there. He starts yelling at me saying I just want to start an argument and tell him that he's wrong and to shut the fuck up or he wants to hit me not that he ever does but that he wants to. So I give up and he goes upstairs.

I still don't know what's supposed to be in each box or how to avoid the situation next time! I can't bring it up without him getting mad. How do you bring up hot-button issues in a calm way?

Replies

• marie2409
    January 22, 2013 at 10:38 PM
    I have no words.....sorry :(
  • Laura1427
    January 23, 2013 at 7:54 AM

This is all it takes to set him off like that?? Board games???????

• owl0210
    by owl0210
    January 23, 2013 at 7:56 AM
    I'd be out the door if I was ever talked to like that and threatened. What a fucking asshole.
  • CJsMommy92
    January 23, 2013 at 7:56 AM

It's kind of crazy he's that pissed off. I understand being a bit upset but actually angry is nuts

• teri4lance
    January 23, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    You guys are having a fight...over board games? Really? That can't be what it's about.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 23, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    Does he have a mental disorder?
  • spastic_poodle
    January 23, 2013 at 7:59 AM
    even saying he wants to hit you is soooo wrong. it shouldn't be a thought.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 23, 2013 at 8:01 AM

1st of all, get a ton of little plastic zip-up baggies and put cards/parts in sharpie marked bags. Problem solved. Secondly, your husband threatened to hit you. I don't care if he added "I never do but I want to," he became abusive over board games and that's bullshit. YOU don't have to tiptoe in order to avoid this from happening again, HE gets to stop, period. He gets to act like a decent human being and shut his fucking mouth, that's all there is to it.

• Lalalie
    by Lalalie
    January 23, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Um. His hot button issue is... board games? That's alarming.

That, and saying he wants to hit you is not okay.

I find it hard to believe that he's Mr. nice guy over everything but board games. Either that or they were taken very seriously in his childhood.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 23, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Leave him alone.  He's obviously annoyed about the board games, and it is a petty thing to argue about anyway.  If he's going to take the time to write a list out why wouldn't you guys just sit down together and sort out the pieces?  Or, you could probably figure it out on your own, couldn't you?

Mom Confessions