Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
My kids sleep together in the same bed every night..
by Anonymous
January 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM

..is this okay??

We just recently moved and they share a room. I had to throw out one of their twin beds during the move, but we had an extra queen mattress. So I have them both in one queen until I can score a good deal on some bunk beds.

They personally like sharing a bed. Sometimes they argue and put the teddy bear in between one another ;) They are 4 and 5 year old boys by the way.

ETA- Sweet! My first featured post. I was wondering why my post got so many replies! Thanks for ALL your input ladies!

Replies

• c_ramirez8606
    January 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM

My boys are 2 and 6. As soon as my 2 year old learns how to stay in bed all night, they will be sharing a bed. My oldest has wanted to share a bed with his little brother since the day he was born.

• LaughingTattoo
    January 27, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Mine shared a full size bed for a year. When I left their dad its all I had or could afford. They were just fine with it. They were 2 and 5, both girls. While it made getting them to bed harder for me, they loved it and I actually think it made them closer sister. When we moved in with my husband they had the choice to have their own rooms but chose to share a room and use the other room as a playroom. :) They have bunk beds now

• bookdragon
    January 28, 2013 at 2:29 PM

My two boys slept together until about a year ago. It kept them out of my bed. One is terrified of the dark & the other is autistic. I really don't see anything wrong with it. My boys are 11 & 13.

• Nichole134
    January 29, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    My boys ( 6 and 2) do not sleep together because they dont want too. They are both light sleepers and move around to much. If they wanted to though i wouldnt see a problem with it.
  • Kinder2684
    January 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    I shared a bed with my sister for 20 years :) so I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the kids are the same gender, but even if they're not if they like it and have no issues then I would let them sleep together. I think you should do whatever works for your family and not worry about what the public has to say. Each family is different and does things in their own way.
  • Squeaks21690
    February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    I feel as though people put to much thought into what is accaptable for children now. All I say is that there children and innocent in thought and all of there actions so if ne one were to think it was wierd to have two siblings sleep in the same bed then I think u need to check there minds for thoughts that shouldnt be around children in the first place
  • ssunshine360
    February 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM

My twin 5 year old girls usually prefer sharing a bad instead of staying in their own beds.  It is their choice and they usually sleep better that way.  

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN