Mom Confessions

Anonymous
My kids sleep together in the same bed every night..
by Anonymous
January 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM

..is this okay??

We just recently moved and they share a room. I had to throw out one of their twin beds during the move, but we had an extra queen mattress. So I have them both in one queen until I can score a good deal on some bunk beds.

They personally like sharing a bed. Sometimes they argue and put the teddy bear in between one another ;) They are 4 and 5 year old boys by the way.

ETA- Sweet! My first featured post. I was wondering why my post got so many replies! Thanks for ALL your input ladies!

Replies

• mommybellygirl
    January 22, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I think thats totally fine

• heresjohnny
    January 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I have 5 kids and they all sleep together in a TWIN bed, lol. They each have their own bed, and there are 3 rooms between them, so it isn't out of need. But every single morning I find them all cuddled up to each other. It's weird, but I don't mind it if they don't. 

• nocalmegan
    January 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM
    Me and my sister shared a bed until I moved out at 17 lol. Shes 4 years younger. We had bunks but she snored and im a SUPER light sleeper. It was easier to kick her when she was snoring than to climb to the top bunk and do it lol.
  • Tara922c
    January 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it. I have two cousins (they are sisters) that are a year apart, and they slept in the same bed every night well into their teens even though they had their own rooms. They are now close to 30 and still best friends and you would think they are attached at the hips.

• Yellowlily333

ehh, it is fine. Lots of siblings sleep together even if they have their own beds.

• wrensong

That's not a big deal at all

• mitchiesgirl
    January 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM
    I couldn't have my kids share.... One is almost 11 and the other just turned 3.... My DD (3) always wants to sleep in DS (10) room but I'm afraid he'll roll over on to her lol... Plus he wiggles and kicks.
  • lucsch
    by lucsch

Just like Little House on the Prairie. I don't see a problem with it now...they probably won't like it in a few years, though.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

My 5 and 6 year olds slept in the same bed until this past August. Now they have their own beds, but still prefer sleeping together. They go to my mom's every weekend and sleep together in their bed there. Nothing wrong with it, especially since they're so close in age. They'll go their own ways eventually. 

• i.love.my.life
    January 22, 2013 at 10:29 PM
    My girls are 5 1/2 and 2, and they share a bed even though they have bunk beds. That's how they sleep best so I just leave them. If the baby isn't in bed with her sister, she sleeps with me.

Mom Confessions