Mom Confessions

Anonymous
PA debaters. A new wording of an old question.
by Anonymous
January 22, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Would you rather your PA tax money go toward helping a family eat or paying for day care?

Let us speculate only on 2 working moms.

Abby works full time but needs assistance with child care for her 2 childern aged 6 months and 3 years.

Susan works part time in the evening so her children (same ages) are always with a parent. They have enough money for bills but need pa for food.

If Abby cut her hours she wouldn't be able to pay their bills, and if Susan worked more hours they would need daycare as well. Which mom is more "worthy" of your tax money?

Replies

• jessi2girls
    January 22, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I don't mind helping a family in need who is actively trying.

• NowImAMom...
    January 22, 2013 at 12:55 AM

popcorn

• imnotbarbie03
    January 22, 2013 at 12:56 AM

<<Waits for the jerks to come in and say she shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place if she couldn't provide for her children>>

As an aside, I like this topic and don't begrudge help to either of those people. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 22, 2013 at 12:56 AM

popcorn

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 22, 2013 at 12:58 AM

they both need to stop having kids they can't afford!!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 22, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Daycare costs significantly more than food.  I would rather pay for food than daycare.  When the kids are older and do not need daycare, it will be easier for both women to find a job during the hours they are at school and not have to pay for that care.  That being said, I honestly do not give a damn if people are on PA.  Just saying if I had to choose, that is what I would choose.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 22, 2013 at 12:59 AM
    So you want your tax money going toward free BC or abortions for all couples?

Quoting Anonymous:

• imnotbarbie03
    January 22, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

And there it is on the 5th post...

::eyeroll::

Many people have children that they can afford and then become separated from their partners. Shit happens. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 22, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    Bump
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 22, 2013 at 1:04 AM

No, no...I want people to start being responsible, and depend only on themselves...Did you know that you can live WITHOUT having sex? Did you know that you can use your OWN money to buy birth control??? I want my tax money going toward things like public education, roads, emergency responders, and not to compensate for some one's bad decisions.....

Quoting Anonymous:

So you want your tax money going toward free BC or abortions for all couples?

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions