Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How old should girls be able to wear...
by Anonymous
January 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM
thongs? My aunt let my 12 yo cousin wear them . I won't buy them for my girls . (they are 12&14) ETA: I would buy them if they had to wear something that may show their panty lines for an occasion . They wear jeans& khaki . They don't need no thongs...

Replies

• TigressLily
    March 19, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I never liked "thongs," but I wore "g-strings" {I know some will say they're the same but they're not exactly... I can't stand the thickness of the butt strap of a thong lol} when I was 11 and 12. My mom didn't care because she knew I wasn't going around flashing anyone etc. She let me make my own fashion choices, rather they could be seen or not. They only thing she made sure of was that I was either wearing a bra or two shirts so my nipples didn't show lol.

• Anonymous 15
    by Anonymous 15
    March 19, 2013 at 8:11 AM

wow.. i bet more dads and brothers (and male cousins and all there male friends) were interested in those competitions of the girls in their later teens if they were all doing that. just kidding, but it wouldn't shock me lol

Quoting baquick:

Worse than a panty line or a wedgie mid routine is when you wear a bright colored undies and it shows up on the outside of the leotard through the tights. 0.o yeah...... Did that my first competition... My coach was like 0.o "um don't do that again". Poor lady was trying her best not to laugh. I was like 13 or so. About 14-15 I just quit wearing any.

Quoting RigPrincess85:

When you're a competitive skater every last detail comes into play when you're being judged, even the costume. Panty lines are a big no no. By very young I mean 11 years old, not 4. I never looked at it as a thing, it was always just a part of making sure the dress looked good.

Quoting Anonymous:

why is anyone looking under a very young girls dress? And why would anyone care if their were panty lines or be looking for that much detail?

On the older more mature females, I can see admiring her form, but a little kid?

Quoting RigPrincess85:

I wore them from a very young age because of figure skating. Nothing worse than a panty line or panties showing up under your dress.

As far as everyday wear it wasn't until I could buy them myself.

• RigPrincess85
    March 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    Hahaha yes! That was a huge pet peeve of my coach too.

Quoting baquick:

Worse than a panty line or a wedgie mid routine is when you wear a bright colored undies and it shows up on the outside of the leotard through the tights. 0.o yeah...... Did that my first competition... My coach was like 0.o "um don't do that again". Poor lady was trying her best not to laugh. I was like 13 or so. About 14-15 I just quit wearing any.

Quoting RigPrincess85:

When you're a competitive skater every last detail comes into play when you're being judged, even the costume. Panty lines are a big no no. By very young I mean 11 years old, not 4. I never looked at it as a thing, it was always just a part of making sure the dress looked good.

Quoting Anonymous:

why is anyone looking under a very young girls dress? And why would anyone care if their were panty lines or be looking for that much detail?

On the older more mature females, I can see admiring her form, but a little kid?

Quoting RigPrincess85:

I wore them from a very young age because of figure skating. Nothing worse than a panty line or panties showing up under your dress.

• Anonymous 15
    by Anonymous 15
    March 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM

lol ya thats never attractive to see....

but the other problem is when they don't wear anything and they wear the certain color tights that might be too small, you can see their flesh thru the tights sometimes and thats almost like being out there naked. There was a girl wearing black tights once and everytime she bent over you could clearly see the flesh color underneath and it was a little awkward and impossible to not notice she wasn't wearing any underwear and we could all basically see her buttcheeks. This was an older girl's competition, 17-18 yr olds.

So there's drawbacks on both ends.

Quoting RigPrincess85:

Hahaha yes! That was a huge pet peeve of my coach too.

Quoting baquick:

Quoting RigPrincess85:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RigPrincess85:

• Pnukey
    by Pnukey
    March 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM

First, they should be strippers. A panty line is not the end of the world. A thong is terrible. No thongs here, for me or my dd, who is 13.

• TaralynnStewart
    March 19, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    I was 16 I think. So probably around then, I guess.
  • logansmommy612
    March 19, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    When they buy them themselves. I was 17
  • Bubbie0809
    March 19, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I had never had a reason to worry about panty lines. I have never worn a pair. But I see how they could just be considered a diff type of panty.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok I see how you feel. I just don't feel that way. I wear the no frills basics for panty line issues. Even if I'm not wearing anything to "panty line revealing", lol. I bought them for my daughter at 14. I asked her if she wanted any and she was so happy I brought it up. She doesn't wear anything low cut so they are not visible and neither are panty lines.

Quoting Bubbie0809:

They just seem to be unnecessarily sexy. Especially for young girls. Its never been my thing and if it is my daughters thing I won't purchase things that I find too overt

Quoting Anonymous:

What does that mean? What does age have to do with a pair of panties?

Quoting Bubbie0809:

I don't know, I am 35 and I still don't think I am old enough. It is probably something my daughter would have to buy for herself, when she is old enough to get herself to the store and pay for it with money she earns. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    March 19, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    Bump
  • Anonymous 13
    by Anonymous 13
    March 19, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    Ummm....yep, that's what I do, stare at women's butts all day. Its just something you notice, like a muffin top or a bra strap showing.
    Also, I said MAYBE behind your back AND perhaps you didn't wear anything that was showing panty lines.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh well, if that's all They have to make fun of me for I should count myself lucky. Also, I'd be telling ten to stop stating at my butt because its making me uncomfortable. Who the hell checks people's asses out to look for panty lines?!... Not I. I have more important things to worry about than another woman's panty line lol I'm sorry that you don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe not to your face or perhaps you weren't wearing anything that made them noticable. I have heard it many times, not to myself, but people pointing it out on others. I notice and just think the woman didn't check the mirror before leaving the house.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never in my life been teased over that...

Quoting Des10ed2b:

i think around 12 is fine if they are for the purpose of wearing under a skirt that may show panty lines. Kids can be ruthless with teasing about things like panty-lines. my mom got me 2 thongs when i was about 13, 1 white, 1 black. nothing fancy or frills, just plain cotton ones. they were to have to wear under my skirts or dresses we had school choir concerts and things like that. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts